FISHING ST. MARKS RIVER

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ALMAR

Post by ALMAR »

CAARL BROWN AND I HIT THE WATER AT 7:00 A.M. THIS MORNING AND BOY WAS IT COLD, 25 DEGREES, THE STEAM WAS JUST BOILING UP FROM THE RIVER. WE FISHED FROM THE FORT UP RIVER FOR ABOUT 2 MILES. ALL WE CAUGHT WERE SMALL TROUT 6-10", ONE OF THESE WAS ONLY 1/2" LONGER THAN THE LURE. WE CAUGHT 26 OF THESE SMALL TROUT, 5 JACKS, 2 LADYFISH, AND MANY SMALL WHITE TROUT, TOO SMALL TO BOTHER WITH. ONLY EXCITEMENT OF THE DAY WAS A 37" RED. CALLED IT A DAY AT 1:30P.M.
PA FUTCH
Fish Hawk

Post by Fish Hawk »

Almar, I am probably going to go fish St Marks tomorrow morning and after your report think I might try the mouth of East River and work my way back to the east. Did you go outside at all or stay up in the river?
Save some for later.
BigbaitBigfish

Post by BigbaitBigfish »

I went up the river past the plant last week, 2 of us caught near 100 trout, none over 10".....

I would try the east river, or better yet, the Aucilla.
Fish Hawk

Post by Fish Hawk »

The East River on Friday was a big bust. Not a single hit. We saw some guys who fishecd up past the power plant and they said what you did, tons of tiny trout but no keepers. Oh well.
Save some for later.