Econfina 5/27 - Grouper

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Econfina 5/27 - Grouper

Post by Frank Bradfield »

Went out Saturday , 1st drop , 25 ft, 4 ft vis, watched 3 grouper dash by, doesn't work well with a 52 in gun. Went to the Buckeye Reef, water looks better, drop in , hit the sand in 50 ft, not good, 5 ft vis, give up on this, work our way to a spot in 40 ft, desending down the anchor line i'm thinking this is gonna suck, get near the bottom, not bad , 15 ft vis, snot on the reef. I see a small gag swim by, feeling better, i gather my bearings and swim towards a cave I know to hold the grouper on this spot. Sure enough, 3 of them are looking at me. As they were pondering what they were gonna do, I was swinging the gun into action. Bam, I hit the biggest one in the mouth and out the gills. After a short battle he is on the stringer. Not much else going on over this way. The vis sucked and made hunting very tough. We ended up with a few grouper and hope to go again soon. I'm guessing all the water movement this weekend had the bottom stirred up. frank

2000[img]http://www.forumpictureprocessor.com/pi ... 0Small.jpg[/img]
Econfina%20Grouper%3%20Small.jpg[/img]
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Sounds like you might have had more fun staying home and doing yard work. :wink: Well, maybe not. :thumbup:
What was I supposed to do today?