SCALLOP TIME - ANY SEEN?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

reelyhung wrote:Does anyone want to volunteer the truth????? :D :D :D

Have there benn many scallops seen?????? :lick: :lick: :lick:
Wat I posted was the truth. I have not seen 1 scallop.
What was I supposed to do today?
CROCKER

Post by CROCKER »

DIDNT CATCH MUCH TO SPEAK OF LAST WEEKEND. HAD A SURE-NUFF GROWN BULL SHARK HIT MY TOP WATER PLUG IN 4' OF WATER BETWEEN AUCILLA AND EICKYFINY. HAD A CAMERA IN MY POCKET AND COULDNT GATHER MYSELF TO TAKE A PICTURE NOT EVEN WHEN IT CAME BACK AROUND. APPROX. 8' 200+ POUNDS. SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME.

LET SOME OF THOSE SCOLLOP PICKEN SWIMMERS SEE THAT THING CIRCLE THE BOAT.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Ok Fish On, I am going to call you on this one. First let me say I do NOT scallop. I fish. BUT, you act like the ramps belong ONLY to fishermen. I think that all the people who pay taxes year round, whether fishermen or not, have just as much right to use the ramp as you.

Also, I am a regular at Econfina, and believe me, some of the worst dock hogs are the fishermen who either think the dock is for loading and unloading all their fishing rods and coolers, OR the trailer they brought was borrowed from "Uncle Bubba" and the boat will not sit properly on the bunks, therefore they spend 10 minutes trying to back it off and on to get it "Just right".

Now, I may seem a little touchy, but I also own personal watercraft, and the same type of ignorance shows up with those too. When we are cruising the rivers, we ALWAYS slow down for fishermen, or either get way on the other side of the river. You think those jarheads in those gazillion horsepower bassboats will slow down. Heck no, they will throw poor old mom and pop fishing by the rivers edge damn near up into the trees.

Just remember, there are A$$holes in all walks of life.

Hooked :thumbup:
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

fish on!! wrote:Amen BD. I am not trying to be dump on the scallopers, but scallop season tends to bring out the worst boaters in the world. Many have forgotten how to launch a boat and clog up the ramps, fishermen cant drift a flat because of scallopers anchored up with their dive flags out and boating courtesy tends to go out the window during scallop season. People who havent cared a bit about the gulf all year, load 15 people onto their pontoon boat and invade the waters that we fishermen hold dear. I am sure this doesnt pertain to all scallopers but there are enough of the bad ones out there to put a bad taste in my mouth for scallop season.

I can just about substitute fishermen every where you typed scallopers and make a paragraph describing fishermen.

Blindhog we were for the most part fooling around, don't take the comments to heart. Let us know if you have any luck :thumbup: :thumbup:
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

What Chalk said. :thumbup:

However, I still can't see why anybody go through all the trouble to pick up the aggrevating things and get so little to eat. :wink: :lol:
GULP! free since 1970.
BlindHog

Post by BlindHog »

Since we are all being playful with this thread, and I have accidentally hit some nerves --- here's a REAL debate starter:

Who has more rights to the ramp at Econ or Steinhatchee: a Georgia trout fisherman or a Florida scalloper?

(OK, just to fess up I consider myself a fisherman who scallops occasionally and I am a native Georgian who lives in Florida.) ;-)

P.s. Hooked Up, you are right on the money.
Even a Blind Hog finds an acorn now 'n then...
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

birddog wrote:What Chalk said. :thumbup:

However, I still can't see why anybody go through all the trouble to pick up the aggrevating things and get so little to eat. :wink: :lol:
Ain't that the truth. I went one time a long time ago, and that is the most work for the least payoff I ever seen. 5 of us worked for hours and after cleaning, which also took hours, we had this little bowl full, with everybody lookin like, "This ain't gonna feed all of us"....

Hooked :o
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

BlindHog wrote:Who has more rights to the ramp at Econ or Steinhatchee: a Georgia trout fisherman or a Florida scalloper?

THAT question does not even need an answer.... :roll:
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Preach on, Hooked, Preach on. :thumbup: :lol:
GULP! free since 1970.
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

tin can wrote:
reelyhung wrote:Does anyone want to volunteer the truth????? :D :D :D

Have there benn many scallops seen?????? :lick: :lick: :lick:
Wat I posted was the truth. I have not seen 1 scallop.
I believe you TC.

So, how many did you see? :-D
captainspride
Site Sponsor

Post by captainspride »

I saw al the scallops a man would want.Where you say,in Panacea on a platter at the Coastal Resturant,a lot less work. :lick:
GOD does not deduct the days spent fishing from ones life
Charles
Site Sponsor

Post by Charles »

HookedUp wrote:
birddog wrote:What Chalk said. :thumbup:

Ain't that the truth. I went one time a long time ago, and that is the most work for the least payoff I ever seen. 5 of us worked for hours and after cleaning, which also took hours, we had this little bowl full, with everybody lookin like, "This ain't gonna feed all of us"....

Hooked :o
:smt005

I remember when I was a kid we'd go scalloping. The Folks and Grandfolks would be up all night shucking a washtub heaping with scallops. :D
catchin1

Post by catchin1 »

HookedUp wrote:
BlindHog wrote:Who has more rights to the ramp at Econ or Steinhatchee: a Georgia trout fisherman or a Florida scalloper?

THAT question does not even need an answer.... :roll:
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

THERE IS RUMOR THAT 2 SCALLOPS WERE SEEN LAST NIGHT WITH THE 3 TOOTH LADY.
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

fish on!! wrote:Amen BD. I am not trying to be dump on the scallopers, but scallop season tends to bring out the worst boaters in the world. Many have forgotten how to launch a boat and clog up the ramps, fishermen cant drift a flat because of scallopers anchored up with their dive flags out and boating courtesy tends to go out the window during scallop season. People who havent cared a bit about the gulf all year, load 15 people onto their pontoon boat and invade the waters that we fishermen hold dear. I am sure this doesnt pertain to all scallopers but there are enough of the bad ones out there to put a bad taste in my mouth for scallop season.
Amen!