Carabelle - Sept 3

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

salty_dog
Site Sponsor

Carabelle - Sept 3

Post by salty_dog »

Dove with Tom and Wayne over the long weekend. The day brought us calm seas. Our first stop was the Miss Jem. Vis has dropped off a bit from early summer but we all can agree that we need the rain. Tom and Wayne made the first dive. While they were down I had a cuda slice up a trigger I was trying to bring to the surface. Tome and Wayne's bag consisted of mangroves, sheephead and triggers. Our next stop was described as an airplane but ended up being an old crane. This spot is about 4 miles from the Bryson. The crane is not large enough for two spearfisherman but an interesting dive none the less. It did hold a nice size Goliath. Our final spot of the day was the Yamaha. Believe it or not we almost had the place to ourselves. One boat was onsite fishing some of the outer portions of the reef site when we pulled up. Vis here and at the crance was pretty good. Fair amount of fish onsite and lots of anchors and tackle ready for salvage.

Anyone recently lose a new hooker anchor and 100' of bright white line? Some unlucky fisherman had their anchor go right through a haus pipe. They would have never gotten that out by themselves.

Water was 84.5 most of the day. No breeze made for calm seas and hot tempuratures.

Thought I'd add some pics. Only took a couple.
Here's Wayne with a nice Mangrove
Here's a shot of the O tower
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

:thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.
GIT-R-WET
Site Sponsor

Post by GIT-R-WET »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :beer: :beer:
"LIFE IS GOOD IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS"