Comes the Revolution-First Observations and Pics

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Apalach
Site Sponsor

Comes the Revolution-First Observations and Pics

Post by Apalach »

Our local dealer, the Wilderness Way, here in Tallahassee, just got in their new shipment of 32 Hobie yaks. Just in time as it turned out, since they had been out of Mirage Drive models for about two weeks now. Included in the shipment were the two that I was most interested in: the brand new Revolution and the new 2007 Outback. For those of you out there in “Aâ€
Last edited by Apalach on September 23rd, 2006, 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
RC
Site Sponsor

Post by RC »

Sure would be nice if someone made one of those things with a trolling motor in a kind of tunnel for us fat lazy types.

Make it a little wider or put sponsons on it where you could fish standing up.

I would buy one and haul it in my bay boat and use it for fishing the creeks in the winter.

I've got a little solo canoe I use now but it sure is tippy and I get stiff if I sit too long.
Apalach
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalach »

Hey RC,
Yep, a number of folks have done just that -installed a trolling motor on their paddle yaks. Its weight is counterbalanced by the weight of the battery on the opposite side. Easier to do on some yaks than others, of course. Here is a link on one way to go about it.

http://www.kayakfishingstuff.com/articl ... rticles=57

With regard to standing, I (and others) have made our own outriggers (amas) using Maine lobster pot buoys, RAM rocket launcher rodholders, and PVC pipe. Here are a couple of pics of my yaks with these outriggers. You can mount them on both sides, or just on one, thus freeing up the other RAM mount for its intended use as a rodholder as well.

abcarias

Thanks for the details on the new boats Dick!

Post by abcarias »

Thanks for the details on the new boats Dick! I just might give myself one for Christmas.

You make great contributions to the board.
¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>
Billy Miller

Post by Billy Miller »

Very nice report Apalach, thanks.
Billy
RC
Site Sponsor

Post by RC »

Apalach

those are some awsome Ideas! That would be a great creek boat. Makes me want to do some remodeling on my solo canoe.