St. Marks - 10/1

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

salty_dog
Site Sponsor

St. Marks - 10/1

Post by salty_dog »

Made a trip out to the M24 area this past weekend with Tom, David and Joe. This trip was David's first dive trip in some time and Tom was a great coach in helping David get back into the mask (so to speak). We found the morning seas to be 1-3 but the afternoon smoothed out to less than a foot. Water temp averaged 77-78. The fishing was great. Visibility was perfect for shooting though a little low for site seeing. Don't remember the fish count but we got Grouper, sheepshead, triggers, mangroves and a spanish. Wanted to report that I also saw a lot of baby hog snappers so it seems they're coming back.

Here's a shot from Tom's stringer after his first dive. Tom won the award for most fish this trip. Tom's quite a shot for sure.

Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Thanks Andre. Had a good time up until I tore up my back. The cheeseburger and cold ones at Riverside made it feel better.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Bakertize
Site Sponsor

Post by Bakertize »

good deal y'all :beer: :thumbup:
glad to hear some fish are moveing back in!!
Robert Baker
TnT Hide-a-way inc.
http://www.tnthideaway.com
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

Awesome ! :thumbup: Tom is that a spanish I see on your stringer ? Whats the water temp down too ?
salty_dog
Site Sponsor

Post by salty_dog »

Wish I would have remembered to mention Riverside Cafe in my post. Their Dave's Spicy Burger is the BEST.

Frank - 77-78 degrees. See above.
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

Frank Bradfield wrote:Awesome ! :thumbup: Tom is that a spanish I see on your stringer ? Whats the water temp down too ?
That is a spanish. There is 3 grouper a spanish a mangrove and a trigger on my HOD.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Nice trip guys :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."