Inshore/Offshore 10/6, 10/7, 10/8

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sea Sea Rider

Post by Sea Sea Rider »

10/6 - Took off from work around 1:00 to do my favorite type of fishing. Beautiful does not even come close to giving justice to the weather. Work several spots 4 cobia caught, tagged and released from 29-32 to the fork.

10/7 - Two more undersized fish caught, tagged and released. Spotted a nice fish, his tail and dorsal fin were actually out of the water. I could see him snake his way through the current. I cast and the water boils as he moves towards my bait. I set the hook and 20 minutes later a 41 pound cobia in the boat. Go back to the same spot again, could not see a fish but cast anyway, tap, tap another cobia takes my bait a 38 pound cobia, let my wife reel in this fish. Two more undersized fish caught, tagged and released. Total for the day 4 undersized Cobia, 2 legal 41 lbs, 38 lbs.

10/8 - Redfish first half of day, various fish caught on pinfish. Keep 20 incher for Redfish on the halfshell. Go out to Cobia fish 2 undersize fish caught. Spot a nice un. After all of the Cobia I have caught, I still get the shakes when I see a nice fish. I grab a fresh bait out of the live-well, and present the bait to the fish. He takes it, my line starts screaming and then the drag on my reel binds and snap my line goes. That was my last fish of the Weekend. Left me wanting go to back after them.

Overall a fine weekend of Cobia fishing. I can't remember when I have seen the quality and quantity of fish this late in the season. Can't wait till next time. I feel blessed to have spent another three days on the water.
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Very nice. You sure have those Cobia figured out.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Man, that sounds like a great trip. Sounds like you can put on one heck of a clinic.
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Excellent :o :thumbup:
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner."
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

The Cobia Man does it again. Excellent report. Thanks for posting. :thumbup: :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.