Approach to Spring Warrior or Fenholloway

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Soccerdad

Approach to Spring Warrior or Fenholloway

Post by Soccerdad »

Anybody have any advice on approaching Spring Warrior Creek or the mouth of the Fenholloway from the south (from Keaton Beach). GPS coords??

With pretty low water Sunday at 7 I thing the sob-in-law and I will launch at KB Marina and head toward the creeks .. but we have never made that run.

Would appreciate any good advice .. or good natured ribbing ;-)
If there's no soccer (or fishing) in heaven - I'm not going!
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Take it slow and easy once you get within 2 miles of the bank...that's the best advice I could give you.
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

I have been called lots of stuff what is a sob in law any way?

Go to the tripod at Keaton and go west young man it is about 5 miles if you look toward the shore you will see the tripod in front of Spring Warrior. There are Oyster bars and rocks out at least a mile and a half.

You got to be careful this is a dangerous area. many a rock and Oyster also many a trout and redfish.

Sadly the fish camp burned to the ground last night at Spring Warrior I talked to James Pittman the owner today he is devistated. It was a total loss and damaged sevral boats including his and another buddies Johnny Browning. The docks were damaged and fish cleaning station is gone. I can't imagine what would have been told if the walls could talk. For many this was a home away from home. No telling how many a Trout Or Red was cleaned at the camp. It is my hope that they will recover quickly.

:smt010 :smt010 :smt010 :smt010 :smt010 :smt010
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
Soccerdad

Post by Soccerdad »

Thanks for the good advice. We should have followed it. Although there were complications. We DID launch at the marina - a good choice with almost NO water on a negative tide and the new water just slowly creeping in .. we headed to a spot that we know hold reds and tolerated the wind as we hunted our favored species. First fish was a small red, but we will take small just for the thrill of seeing the copper color and the tail spot. Second fish was a keeper trout (17.5). Third fish another small red. Then the wind picked up and the action died. Would have done better in the creeks out of the wind. Complications?? Daughter and baby joined us at -sort of - last minute, and with baby on board we wanted to stay close to home. Daughter outfished us both with the first red and the keeper trout .. I got to hold the net AND the grandkid .. can't complain!
If there's no soccer (or fishing) in heaven - I'm not going!
birddog
Site Sponsor

Post by birddog »

Nice trip, SD. :thumbup:
GULP! free since 1970.