Sp.Warrior/ little Sp Creek - local knowledge

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Perch Jerker
Site Sponsor

Sp.Warrior/ little Sp Creek - local knowledge

Post by Perch Jerker »

Hello all. I could use a little local knowledge. First off, I fish out of Keaton a good bit. My fishing buddy is from Valdosta , so where else would I go? We fish North a good bit, but never venture in too close in.

I'm planning a solo trip. I'm leaving the big boat at home and am taking my 15 ft fish catching boat. As the plan stands right now, i'll find some where to put in around Sp. Warrior or Sp. Creek. Fish Saturday afternoon. Find some where to bunk - Perry, unless there is a room to rent closer, and fish again Sunday AM before making the 5 hour return trip on Sunday afternoon.

My question is this: Any recommendations on where to put in? I saw an earlier post about a fish camp a Sp Warrior burning recently. Sad deal. I hate I missed the chance to visit that place.

Also, are there other accommodations in the area?
I really would appreciate some feedback. Thanks
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

You might want to try Ecofina.
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
What a mess

Post by What a mess »

he still has rooms for rent and needs the money call spring warrior fish camp just no place to shoot darts or clean fish the creek house is all that burned
Yesterday it was taboo today it is normal what the heck will they be doing tomorrow?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I've done my share of tailgate cleaning :-D tell him ta have a 2 foot by 4 foot sheet of plywood fer folks ta throw on the gate for cleaning fish :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer:
Soccerdad

Post by Soccerdad »

If you were to launch at Keaton, you could go out to about the third or second last channel marker - turn north and look for a line of three or four markers out from a white house on the shore. The furthest marker stands up straight, the second is keeled over a bit. I mark the furthest pole at N29.49.70 and W83.36.63. There are reds there. I'm sure that wind direction and temp make a big difference (the fish [or was it the fishermen] got blown out of there Sunday), but in general at half tide (either incoming or outgoing) you will find some coppery fish. They were gobbling mullet in there like crazy for a while on Sunday, so topwaters might get 'em.

For what it's worth ... I don't know what these other guys know.
If there's no soccer (or fishing) in heaven - I'm not going!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Ya know a WHOLE lot more than me in that area SD :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer:
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

SD is correct. Get close in and fish hard. You'll enjoy the day.
Remember,don't be afraid to fish close.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Perch Jerker
Site Sponsor

Post by Perch Jerker »

There are some rocks/oysters that I fish up that way. These rocks are very exposed during low tide. Are they out from Sp Warrior or another creek? They are probably half way between Dekle and Fenholloway.
beatswork

Post by beatswork »

PJ- that's a lot of territory your asking about between Dekle and the Fenholloway. Just N or Dekle you have Yates Creek, and then Spring Warrior, Spring Creek, and then the Fenholloway. Those are your major creeks and there are numerous bars and rocks from all of them. I probably don't need to say that there are many more smaller creeks than those just mentioned. I have had good luck on reds and trout just north of Dekle, but then talking to others they headed south past Piney Point and fished off Grassy Island. Good Luck!!! Take it slow, those rocks don't give!!!
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?