24 foot Sundowner Travel Trailer

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

illinoisfisherman
Site Sponsor

24 foot Sundowner Travel Trailer

Post by illinoisfisherman »

Very nice (looks new) 24' Sundowner Travel Trailer for sale. Can be seen at A.B.C. Storage in Crawfordsville. $3500.00
Last edited by illinoisfisherman on February 26th, 2007, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
AJ
Site Sponsor

Post by AJ »

Any pics? What year?
You gonna talk, or you gonna fish?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Welcome to the BBF illinoisfisherman :smt006 always enjoy your input over on the FS forum :thumbup: hope to see more of ya on here :beer: :beer:
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

I would like to hear more ???????
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Welcome to the other site IF. Glad to see you here.
:smt006
illinoisfisherman
Site Sponsor

Thank you for the welcome.

The trailer is in the 80's but you would not know it. (The wife just told me it is a 1989.) Title is in Florida. We bought it when the Mooring's started coming up short of rooms. It came from up here and was never parked in a campground for any length of time. Body and underneath in nice shape. It may seem odd but it belonged to an older lady who was divorced. It was stored high and dry on blocks next to her driveway. The tires are fine. We checked and repacked the wheel bearings and axles before we brought it down. It tows excellent. The interior is like new, the wife loved it. Full bath (small tub) at rear of trailer. I'm a large person and the bath worked for me. AC & heat work well. I think it sleeps six. We replaced the refrigerator with a new electric unit. It has a satellite dish that goes with it. The only thing wrong is spiders built a nest in the thermocouple for the water heater it has to be cleaned or replaced.

And finally the price is $3500.00 not $3900.00.

I forgot what I told the man at the storage lot to sell it for. We are selling it because we are buying a home on the coast and will not need it due to lack of accommodations at the coast anymore.
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Got bad news illinoisfisherman. I drove to Crawfordville to look at the Sundowner, found ABC Storage and guess what ? No Sundowner there. Guy said it has been sold. Sounds like something fishy going on. You may want to check into this........Good luck !
illinoisfisherman
Site Sponsor

Welby, You could be right. Something may be wrong. I hope Bill just misplaced our phone number. We will call him in the morning. The last we spoke to him he had a deal fall apart on it and was still trying to sell it. He was to call us on our Fl. cell phone as soon as it was sold. He seemed like a very honest person to us.

I am sorry for your wasted trip none the less. It was a very nice trailer. I will post the results of our phone conversation in the morning.
illinoisfisherman
Site Sponsor

Welby, Thank you for the warning. Our trailer was indeed sold. The gentleman running the business forgot to call us and let us know. Unfortunately he does not have the money to give us that he received for the trailer at this time. :smt011

My wife spoke to him earlier this morning and he wants to trade for future storage. Two problems with that - 1) We are already paid up until June or July and we even paid for a boat that has not been there since August. 2) As said we are closing on a home on the coast next month and it is doubtful we will need any more storage.

I am waiting until I calm down a little before I call him myself. No need to lose the temper when 1000 miles away.

I am sorry you made a trip for nothing. If you can't find a trailer like that around there let me know. There are many up here in similar condition and at the same price. I could have picked up the almost identical trailer a few months ago. I would get one for you and bring it down if it would help.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Do you have a contract for him to sell it for you? If so, tell him to have your money to you whenever you want it or you will file charges against him!! there are several law officers and attorneys on this forum and the FS forum that could give you more detailed advise :thumbup: you can also advise him that you CAN post this on both forums and have several thousand people reading about his shady deal :-D "course that got me kicked off of Mike's property when I did post up about them" :smt012
go devil

Post by go devil »

illinoisfisherman wrote: He seemed like a very honest person to us.

Your intuition about him is correct. He is a nice guy. I've known him on and off for 10 years.

He use to work as the deckhand for the Oaks boys. He did it more for the enjoyment than the tips.

I'm sure he'll make it right, just tell him how you want it repaid to you.
illinoisfisherman
Site Sponsor

Thanks for the info. Go Devil. Hopefully you can understand my being a little upset. I was hoping someone would come on and say something good about him. I will wait until tomorrow and call him and try to get it straightened out amicably. He does seem to be a very considerate and an honest person. He may have run a little short of $$$ and intended to square himself up by the time we got back. That still dosen't make it 100% right but we feel a little better with your input.
go devil

Post by go devil »

I think his personal 20-22' offshore boat is sitting in the lot. Just tell him you'll take it as collateral until he repays you.
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

go devil wrote:
I'm sure he'll make it right, just tell him how you want it repaid to you.
Would give me my money now sound about right? :smt009

Nice guy or not...I know I would be calling the local Popo's for a second opinion right now. Sounds like theft to me nice guy or not :smt013

Where's the trailer title, and is it signed by you as the seller?
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

illinoisfisherman wrote: I am sorry you made a trip for nothing. If you can't find a trailer like that around there let me know. There are many up here in similar condition and at the same price. I could have picked up the almost identical trailer a few months ago. I would get one for you and bring it down if it would help.
Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. I'm not in a big hurry. My brother and I are just keeping our eyes open hoping the right one for the right price comes along. We are looking for an older model but in really good shape. we will never get very far from home but feel like we could really enjoy it.