Keaton Beach Sat. 26

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Team Outlaw

Post by Team Outlaw »

Well despite the missed weather forcast i did catch a limit of nice fish. Left the ramp ( oh by the way the lift broke so if you head to Keaton leave a little time in your plans to have to use the ramp ) at 9 am and we did not come back in until 4 30 pm . Long tuff day . Winds NorthEast 15 to 20 at times and cold . I was very under dressed for they day . Anyway The Fog rolled in and just made things worse. The fish were just slaping at the bait and it really started to p@# me off . Anyway we keep banging and here is how we did. We had two trout over 20 one 25 one 23 .The other 8 were form 16 to right at 20 in . All fish but one get this now were caught on of all things top water. Zara Spooks and the other fish was caught on a lip bait .As far as the colors well the spook we white with a pink head were my friend found them i have no idea i have never seen one in the store .The lip bait was a red head with a white body .all the fish were caught in 1.5 to 3 ft of water .To see how this fished changed in just one day look for DEWYAFISH'S report if he post it .