kastking

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: kastking

Post by Juan »

I'm starting to think I'm the only one who bought a couple of these and tried them out. :smt017
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

Juan wrote:I'm starting to think I'm the only one who bought a couple of these and tried them out. :smt017
no sir, unfortunately I bought one of these reels and I believe it's worth the whole 30 dollars I spent. I'm sure it'll catch a fish just fine but it's not a reel I feel like I can depend on for a longtime. even at 30 bucks, kastking has to make some kind of profit out of that or they wouldn't be in business so to think it cost less than that to make, scares me.
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

So far my bait casting reel that I bought has done well. Time will tell
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

dombern34 wrote:
Juan wrote:I'm starting to think I'm the only one who bought a couple of these and tried them out. :smt017
no sir, unfortunately I bought one of these reels and I believe it's worth the whole 30 dollars I spent. I'm sure it'll catch a fish just fine but it's not a reel I feel like I can depend on for a longtime. even at 30 bucks, kastking has to make some kind of profit out of that or they wouldn't be in business so to think it cost less than that to make, scares me.
Did you buy the Sharky II model or one of the cheaper ones? I'm just wondering because we may be comparing apples to oranges. I haven't seen the Sharky II selling for less than $38. From what I've read, the cheaper models have far more bad reviews and I'd be even more skeptical of those. I'd be the first to say these reels are crap if they prove to be and only time will tell. But after a couple of weeks of use, the Sharky II 2000 and the Speed Demon bait caster I bought at $38. and $69. are performing flawlessly. I'm surprised because like everyone else, I wasn't expecting quality reels at the price but I'm impressed.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Dom, looks like you should have ponied up the extra $8. :smt005
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

:smt005 apparently so!!

I bought the mela because I came with an extra ( plastic) spool. I didn't think 8 more bucks for the sharky II would've made that much more of a difference. same BB and only .3 oz's lighter...

2salty sales pitch only got me for 30, I put that 8 bucks towards my shimano savings :thumbup:
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Maybe you really should have spent the $8. :roll: I didn't intend to start an argument and I don't know 2Salty from Hillary. I commented about the Sharky II and the Speed Demon reels only because I bought one of each and I posted my opinion on them because I thought others might be interested in what I consider very good reels at a ridiculous price. I couldn't care less if anyone is convinced of that. It's their loss. This thread has become a bashing event by some who haven't even touched one of the reels. I'm out. :sleep:
Last edited by Juan on February 1st, 2017, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Rick, just having fun. I'm glad you like em. Seems too good to be true, but I know and trust you( unlike a review from god knows who). Now, what the peanut gallery wants to know is do they hold up. How about another review in 6 months?
2Salty

Post by 2Salty »

I've been inshore saltwater kayak angling KastKing's Kodiak for quite some time and KastKing's Sharky II since it became available. Both very capable, dependable and solid reels with no problems no wrecks no regrets.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

2Salty wrote:
I've been inshore saltwater kayak angling KastKing's Kodiak for quite some time and KastKing's Sharky II since it became available. Both very capable, dependable and solid reels with no problems no wrecks no regrets.
Funny you didn't mention them on Dec 5 when someone was asking about reels under $120
Here are your recommendations ( about 2 months ago)

#1 Penn Battle II
#2 Okuma RTX (or BTX if you can find them)
#3 Pflueger President/President XT

So is 2 months "quite some time"? Or did you not think enough about them at the time to mention them?
2Salty

Post by 2Salty »

Because I anticipated that mention of KastKing at that time would bring up much of the same "rattletrap" from naysayers like some of what now appears in this thread.

This thread began in early January when someone specifically inquired about KastKing.

And funny, didn't you previously post that you put my comments on "Ignore"?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

2Salty wrote:Because I anticipated that mention of KastKing at that time would bring up much of the same "rattletrap" from naysayers like some of what now appears in this thread.

This thread began in early January when someone specifically inquired about KastKing.

And funny, didn't you previously post that you put my comments on "Ignore"?
Im not buying it. Not going to call anyone a liar, but ....... Since when have you held back on any opinion that crossed your mind? If you were using them and liked them , you'd have mentioned them instead of a reel you admittedly never used. Now you can go back under your bridge.