in-shore reels

All things dealing with kayaks and kayak fishing.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

kikstand454

Re: in-shore reels

Post by kikstand454 »

2 years ago i bought a quantum "incyte 40" spinning reel on sale for 60 bucks. it still feels and performs brand new. i fish primarily out of a gheenu with a partner so it is banged up and wet all the time. i also am not the best at rinsing and maintaing regularly. this reel has not let me down at all. i clean it once or twice a month and use it 4 to 5 times. 11 bbss and 230yd capacity of 10# line. it comes with a spare aluminum spool that i have power pro braid on. * shrug* couldnt have asked for much more at twice the price. baitcastin i have to go with abu garcia too. i throw the old black max series with little to no problems.
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

I love the Stradic FI and they are worth the money. Many folks that have said there is no need to buy that reel have used them and raced to the store to buyy one. They have a beveled spool that cast the power pro line a long ways. The line wraps really well on the spool, and the new 3000 holds a lot of line, way more than the same reel the 2500. They are incredibly smooth and buy them from Advantage Marine and get the FCKA discount. THey may the NFGFC discount too. If your in Cairo go to South Georgia Outdoors.
cueball

Post by cueball »

The Symetre at $79 has matched the Stradic every step.
I have been using the $79 symetre since December and have been very very pleased. They are very smooth, and I love the drag. The only thing that I dislike is that it is heavy compared to the more expensive reels. It is quite a bit heavier than the stradic.