Great Idea for the Holiday Season!

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

CatchYourLimit wrote:Sounds like you guys are celebrating Festivus... With the airing of grievances and all. :)
I am sure we could borrow one of you Redfish guys boat pole to start the Festivus with. Has to be aluminum I think..... :roll:

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
CatchYourLimit

Post by CatchYourLimit »

^^^

Frank Costanza: "It's made from aluminum. Very high strength-to-weight ratio." :thumbup:
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

When I become leader of the world:

All toilets will be elongated. No more tiny crappers.

If you are "Left lane Keeper of the Speed" shooting you is perfectly legitimate.

RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

MudDucker wrote:
Soccerdad wrote:
"Wake Up" USA and UK we are losing our countries
I'm not certain about the UK, but in the US we do not have an official religion .. we are FREE. Free to worship as we choose or to not worship at all. Free to celebrate Hannukah or Kwanza or the Solstice or maybe even Christmas. We are even free to be so arrogant in our practice of faith that we can try to jam it down people's throats.

Who put a bug up your butt. There is nothing about jamming anything down any throat. It is about the Christian's right to recognize his religion and to support those who think like him.

Don't start your constitutional crap with me. From your posts, you are spouting the typical ignorant liberal spout. That may work with some, but I seriously doubt you have 1% of the constitutional law knowledge that I have. There was nothing in this piece that offends the constitution. The constitution only guarantees that the government will not dictate which religion or any religion you choose or do not choose to practice. It in no way demands that one group be politically correct with its own views about its religions or its religious holidays. Nor does it dictate that I must accept your views or you accept mine. It evens protects your right to say what you want, even incorrect quotes respecting constitutional law.

If you don't want to celebrate Christmas, that is your right. It is not your right to tell me how I am to celebrate, what I am to say and what merchants I refuse to do business with.

BTW, you are free to stay. You are free to say. I am also free to call male bovine feces BS!

Mud:

I don't know if you are a great constitutional scholar or not, and it doesn't really matter, anyway. The difficulty I have with this response (and others you make on various political and social subjects, except for fishing) is the derisive, angry, arrogant tone that makes your message, no matter what it is, negative and demeaning to other folks that post.

Do you shout at everyone you meet in person when you don't agree with them? Call them names and use terms like "bug up your butt" and "ignorant liberal spout" to their faces? Why do it here, in a friendly zone for sportsmen and their families?

It does not say much good about you or your views.

EJ
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Maybe he's just fed up with folks telling him that he shouldn't be invested in his religion. And the one place he should be allowed to yell and scream, (A Forum) he's getting flack for that too. So who are you to judge him for judging others. Let him rant and rave and relieve his mind of the problems that he finds confusion in. I would rather hear rants and raves in writing. THat way I can find out that other folks have problems too. This is the OFF TOPIC section, and not the hunting and fishing sction. Carry on Mud Ducker, free yourself of those bottled up feelings and let us know how you really feel, then we can get back to fishing and being bottled up repressed robots.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Watch it. Now that the wave of "normal" folks are fighting back in this country, you are gonna see the liberals and the far rights crying foul all over the place. They are losing their power lately...... :-D

Folks are just sick of extremes either way.....

I am tired of pressing 1 for english, 2 for spanish

I am tired of hearing Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas

I am tired of hearing that guns kill people (Hey, then lets ban Cars & Liquor)

I am tired of hearing Santa cannot say HO HO HO

I am tired of being told if I get a little upset "you are hollering at me"

I guess I am just TIRED

Its time to take back our country :smt013

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Mr Flats

hmmmm - NBC rejects conservative funded add....

Post by Mr Flats »

I don't have an issue with the Happy Holidays campaign that almost every business uses now. It is a broader more encompassing theme and I do not see it as anti-Christian.

This however does bother me: http://apnews.myway.com/article/20071207/D8TCR30O0.html You bet you bottom dollar if it were a liberal cause NBC would not have rejected the ad because it was political or contained a url to a political site!

As much as I enjoy some NBC programs I am now done with them until they rid themselves of this double standard.....