Yall know what really burns my azz???

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Re: Yall know what really burns my azz???

Post by Barhopr »

Should have just bought shares in Exxon Mobile 4-5 years ago. Not even looking at the increase in the stock price, the dividends paid out would go a long way to covering the higher price of fuel if you will figure up what you spend every year on the cost of fishing(tackle included) and invest that.

ExxonMobil dividends per common share
2008 2007 2006 2005 2004
1st Quarter $0.35 $0.32 $0.32 $0.27 $0.25
2nd Quarter 0.35 0.32 0.29 0.27
3rd Quarter 0.35 0.32 0.29 0.27
4th Quarter 0.35 0.32 0.29 0.27
Total $0.35 $1.37 $1.28 $1.14 $1.06

ExxonMobil's dividend payments to shareholders have grown at an average annual rate of 5.3% over the last 25 years.

stock price over the last five years:

If you can't beat them, Join them
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Boy BB, you can sure dish it out, but can't take it.

My whole post was SARCASM.... :roll:

Hell, try a business that 10 years ago, the product was $ 2500 dollars with a 20% profit, yet today is $500 with a 2 to 3% profit.

Yep, the computer hardware business. You ain't got sheat on me.

Quit whinin'

Dubble :smt005
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
lizbeth
Site Sponsor

Post by lizbeth »

I sure would like to hope and pray, what Tom is saying is true !!
Pirate Girl
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I AM ALL FOR TRYING THIS!!!

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was g oing around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wo uldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.98 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace...not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit s omeone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON' T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) .. and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this t o 10 people.... Well, le t's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you !
Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Keep it going
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Ty one on

Post by Ty one on »

I'm already doing this..........I couldn't tell you where an Exxon or Mobil gas station is. :-D
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Post by Fisherman989 »

Barhop and Jump Trout are right on the money. The value of the American dollar is the lowest it's been in many many years. The price of crude oil is tied to the dollar world wide...and it's continueally sinking...and crude oil is going sky high...and OPEC says they aren't going to produce more oil to help the Americans out...and the congress says we can't drill for new oil the we already know is there in the US of A.
The 'futures market" on the New York Stock Exchange is a big part of the problem too. We have the only "futures market" on earth, on oil, and futures bid for Aug-Sep-Oct crude oil is out of this word high. The traders are betting oil will go higher....and it usually does when they bid it up.
I have no solution on the problem. I already have a 4 cycle outboard...a Honda...and it get's very good gas mileage...but I have a Chevy truck that gets 15 MPG when I tow the boat. It doesn't get to go as much as it used to.
Reasons....not answers here. :-?
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

It would have to be at the 300 million factor to be effective. Even then Exxon would probably just sell their surplus to the other companies that were still selling gas. We increase their demand,they buy more oil. Loop loop loop loop loop etc.
Net result=0, for the consumer.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
dolphinatic
Advertising Sponsor

Post by dolphinatic »

Here's my thought.....LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS. I drive and work out of a friggin 1997 Geo Metro everyday because it gets 40 mpg. I can haul all my fishing gear in it and also put the occasional deer in the back during hunting season (that one was for you Bman :lol: ). I also have a '87 K-5 Blazer that just sits in my garage because it gets 13-15 mpg. My wife still drives the '91 Mazda she had in college. Why, because it has been paid for years ago and gets about 33 mpg.....not to mention she drives the wheels off it as a home health nurse and gets paid for her mileage. We are spending about $55.00 a week right now for both cars. That covers about 700 miles per week for both vehicles. I would love to have 2 newer vehicles, but I dont want the payments or the decreased gas mileage. To me, vehicles are just a way to get around and help me haul my work stuff so I can make a living. They are not a social status statement. I have friends that insist on having a new truck every other year for their construction business or landscaping business because they think it makes their business and them look more successful, even if they cant afford it. Between payments and gas they are spending anywhere from $1000 -$1300 per month. Hope it's worth it :lol:

Here's my point.....to me, gas is just another one of life's expenses. If the price goes up for whatever the reason (primarily SUPPLY & DEMAND), you adjust your budget or your lifestyle if you want to continue to drive or fish as much as you do. If Comcast raised their rates $50 a month, how many of us would keep getting cable??? My guess would be most people....they would just say DAMN!!!! and then write the check. I agree that paying $3.25 for a gallon of gas is high, but if I dont want to pay that, then I dont drive or dont drive as much. I don't know anyone personally that has made any drastic changes to their driving habits because of gas prices. They just fuss about it and keep doing what they have been doing. When you get right down to it, WE control the price of gas, not the gas companies. As long as we keep buying it at the going rate, they are gonna keep selling it to us. When SUPPLY is HIGH, the price is HIGH. When DEMAND goes DOWN, prices go DOWN. Look at the real estate market. Simple Economics......... :wink:
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Proverbs 18:21

Team BevisRealty.com
jsuber
Site Sponsor

Post by jsuber »

Would you be mad if you had shares in a gas company? Would you be mad if you were making money?
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Jumptrout51 wrote:I used to be an intelligent contributing factor to the human race.
Then I just got lazy.
I feel your pain, I tend to do the same on occasion!! ;-)
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Dubble Trubble wrote:Boy BB, you can sure dish it out, but can't take it.

My whole post was SARCASM.... :roll:

Hell, try a business that 10 years ago, the product was $ 2500 dollars with a 20% profit, yet today is $500 with a 2 to 3% profit.

Yep, the computer hardware business. You ain't got sheat on me.

Quit whinin'

Dubble :smt005
Took it the wrong way DT. My hormones must of been off this mornin! Your still the king of cool BS meters!! Nice to know we are both workin harder for less $$$$. :thumbup: And youre right, I do dish it out better than I take it. :smt009 Everybody has flaws, thats mine!! ;-) :smt005
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Ty one on

Post by Ty one on »

Suber has got the right idea. Hell, he fishes out of a row boat. :-D
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Just fish on the days when the tides are best, the winds are tolerable, and weather isn't a problem. I know it limits when you can go fishing, but that's been the way we have to do it here in Ga. because of the high costs of fuel. And fishing is better then anyway. And find a few select holes to fish that aren't too far from where you put in.
I don't know what the solution is, I'm all for signing anything that might help lower gas costs because I want to be able to afford to fish. My 2 pennies.
Yours in the South
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

jsuber wrote:Would you be mad if you had shares in a gas company? Would you be mad if you were making money?
I actually do own a fair share of stocks in the natural resources dept. Tied into that is fuel(oil). And yes Im still gripin!!! The money I make on the stocks in no way helps the average American with their fuel costs and everyday living expenses, unless of course you win the mystery fish!!! ;-)

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
FSUAngler
Site Sponsor

Post by FSUAngler »

Gas prices tend to fall towards the end of an election year. Remember in 2004 when fuel costs dropped in the months leading towards November? I guess it tends makes voters feel nice and warm on the inside when heading to the polls. Perhaps to give a incumbent / political party an advantage. Just hold off fishing till' September and October! Ha. :D
"Life's a Garden, Dig it!" - Joe Dirt