Great White shark - Carrabelle

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Great White shark - Carrabelle

Post by MudDucker »

If and that is a big IF, that is true, it is way offshore. Sure would be sweet to put a hook into that sucker.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

MudDucker, putting a hook in one is more work than you want to tackle... trust me. Here's a pick of me (in the hat) and one of my buddies tugging in a tiger I hooked near one of the Econfina bird racks this past weekend.

As if that wasn't enough excitement, one of my old college buddies fishing with us saw a cobia swimming around the tiger and just had to have him. We actually had the double hook up going on for about an hour and let me tell you, trying to fight a giant tiger and big cobia from the same boat at the same time is TOUGH... we were scrambling all over the place passing rods back and forth ... took some time but we got the cobia in the boat too :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Still having a bit of space in the coffin box (I got a REALLY big coffin box on Marine's Dream), we decided to hit oyster bars near the Hickory Mound mouth and my Uncle Joe pulled this nice red in... out of slot so sadly couldn't keep him :smt010

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
DWilliams

Post by DWilliams »

No bs on those pics. They were taken 80' up on South Master (SM1). 3 weeks ago I could see the bottom while fishing in 75' and once we were in the water the vis was top to bottom. 2 weeks ago the vis was 15' in 105'. What a difference a full moon makes.
big bend gyrene

Why I do believe DWilliams is calling my character into question! :smt011

My post was SERIOUS... posted the pics as 100% PROOF!

Anyone doubting my integrity makes me want to ask ol' Roy D. Mercer's question, "How big a boy are ya?" :smt017 :smt062 :-D
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
big bend gyrene

You got to believe what you see... pictures can't tell lies! :wink:
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

big bend gyrene wrote:You got to believe what you see... pictures can't tell lies! :wink:
ImageImage
Team Jolly Mon
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Yeah...well.....I had a customer tell me yesterday that he caught a Bonefish wading at Mashes Sands! I ain't lying, but I ain'y saying about my customer!
Said he knew what one looked like, cause he caught them in Bradenton where he was from.

Go figure.....
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

big bend gyrene wrote:Why I do believe DWilliams is calling my character into question! :smt011

My post was SERIOUS... posted the pics as 100% PROOF!

Anyone doubting my integrity makes me want to ask ol' Roy D. Mercer's question, "How big a boy are ya?" :smt017 :smt062 :-D
I'm a big ol' boy and I can smell BS from a mile away. Your post smells like lightning struck the outhouse. :smt005 :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
big bend gyrene

MudDucker wrote:I'm a big ol' boy and I can smell BS from a mile away.
Well, in that case MudDucker... punch line at end of clip! :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3NCmwPBOPE[/video]