Dog Island Cobia 5/31

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Re: Dog Island Cobia 5/31

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Bow'd Up wrote:We got to our fishing spot and the kids wanted to catch pinfish which was fine with me so I cut up a gulp shrimp and broke out the bream poles. In short order we had some live bait so I rigged a Stradic 4000 on a 7.6 heavy action Carrot Stix loaded with 30lb braid tied to a Cajun Thunder along with a 36",25lb flurocarbon leader and a 4/0 Owner circle in hopes of tying in to a big red or trout with a lively pinfish. What happed next blew my mind and lead to a 1 hour 15 minute fight that with a little luck and a lot of chasing, we finally won.

With that Fishin' Styx, it would've been over a lot quicker.
That ol' cobe would've said to himself, "That boy is using a real rod, I might as well get in that cooler now".
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Ron Wilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Ron Wilson »

Dayum nice fish and report Bow'd Up. :thumbup:
"Plan for the worst."
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

That was a fattie. I saw him first hand. Great fish RB. Never thought Id see something with more neck than u but that cobe was close!!! :-D
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR