Alabama Judge

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: Alabama Judge

Post by Jumptrout51 »

God works in mysterious ways.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

salty tiger wrote:10-4, I grew up in Henry Co (Headland/Abbeville). Saw and played some good football teams from there back in the 80's.
Roger that... I know Headland well...nice little town.... spent some time at the National Guard Armory back in the 80's.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

Don't you mean Hetland? :-D
OD
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Always a stickler for perfection. salute1
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

I think the constitution was developed with the freedom of religious choice in mind. Where the problem is now is not about religious choice, now they want to be able to attack any religion freely, because they are not of that religion, or are atheists. That is NOT what our forefathers meant.

To me freedom of religon is the right to practice that religion without fear of being attacked for doing it...

By the way, I agree, the judge is using this as a political stepping stone.

While I agree with the premise of the Ten Commandments( which is basically a moral guideline), I also will not try to force it on anyone else. I am also religious, but do not attend church, and I do not want any hypocrite telling me I am going to hell because I do not go to church. I feel much closer to God when I am out on the flats fishing or in the woods hunting than I ever have in any church. I am not a big socializer, and quite frankly, today, church is a social event for most.

And remember, Hitler claimed to be a Christian, Kim Jong Il is an atheist, and Osama Bin Laden is Islam, so there is no "good" or "bad" religion. Just good or evil people.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Dubble Trubble wrote:I think the constitution was developed with the freedom of religious choice in mind. Where the problem is now is not about religious choice, now they want to be able to attack any religion freely, because they are not of that religion, or are atheists. That is NOT what our forefathers meant.

To me freedom of religon is the right to practice that religion without fear of being attacked for doing it...

By the way, I agree, the judge is using this as a political stepping stone.

While I agree with the premise of the Ten Commandments( which is basically a moral guideline), I also will not try to force it on anyone else. I am also religious, but do not attend church, and I do not want any hypocrite telling me I am going to hell because I do not go to church. I feel much closer to God when I am out on the flats fishing or in the woods hunting than I ever have in any church. I am not a big socializer, and quite frankly, today, church is a social event for most.

And remember, Hitler claimed to be a Christian, Kim Jong Il is an atheist, and Osama Bin Laden is Islam, so there is no "good" or "bad" religion. Just good or evil people.

Dubble :thumbup:
Very well put. I am in complete agreeance. :thumbup:
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Mr. Dubble
I also agree with some of your opinions. I will now express a couple of my own thanks to some hard won liberties.

Webster's defines "religion" in a couple of ways. One of them is "The service and worship of the supernatural." I'm troubled if we are saying that description falls in with "The service and worship of God" as being neither a "good" or "bad" religion? In addition, I don't believe I would want to be in the position on the day when every knee will bow and tell God that his ten commandments were "basically a moral guideline." ... they certainly are....but much more (imo of course). Just needed to go on record. Thanks.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".