Sea Foam

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DeanMac

Re: Sea Foam

Post by DeanMac »

Jumptrout51 wrote:People accuse me of being less than honest about my fishing adventures when I tell the events of the day.
I keep reminding them to pay attention to what I say,Not the way I say it.
I did not even catch what you were saying until I re-read my post. :D
Take a kid hunting or fishing and you will be rewarded.
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

I use it in every tank. Never did the "shock" treatment on an outboard engine though. I have done it to a car that had been sitting for a long time. I unhooked the brake booster and dump it in while it was running. Talk about smoke!
DeanMac

Post by DeanMac »

Well I had some good weather Saturday and I did the shock treatment on the engine. I sure looked like a bug fogger when you would crank it back up after sitting. I had read two versions on the waiting time (15 or 30 minutes) so I waited 30 to give it plenty of time to work.

I used an attached 6 gallon tank, I put a fast disconnect on my fuel line, near the bubble pump.

I actually did a double dose,

After the first gallon, I mixed up another and ran it through, 32 oz of Seafoam and the 150 HP Yamaha was purring like a kitten. I added a dose to the fuel tank and hopefully I am set for my first outing.

Thanks guys for the suggestions, it seem to really work, I can't wait to try it on the water.

Dean
Take a kid hunting or fishing and you will be rewarded.