Bataan Death March

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Bataan Death March

Post by MudDucker »

FUTCHCAIRO wrote:I REALLY DO NOT LIKE TO TALK OR REMEMBER THE THINGS THAT I WITNESSED OVER IN THE PACIFIC. IT IS GOOD TO KNOW THAT SOMEONE HAS RECORDED WHAT WENT ON OVER THERE SO IT WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN.
I AM THE ONLY ONE STILL LIVING OUT OF THE 76 THAT SURVIVED THE WAR OF THE PACIFIC FROM MY WING. WE HAD 765 MEN WHEN WE WENT INTO THE BATTLES OF THE PACIFIC, 76 SURVIVED THE WAR TO GET BACK HOME. THE INDEPENDENCE AND THE ENTERPRISE WERE BOTH SUNK AND THE YORKTOWN WAS BADLY DAMAGED BEFORE I GOT ASSIGNED TO LAND BASE IN SIAPAN AND GUAM.
THANKS AGAIN BBG FOR THOSE PICTURES.
PA THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA
SEMPER FI
Pa, my dad was in the Pacific in WWII in the medic corp. Going on landings with his "patch'em up kit" and later in the surgical teams. There were a LOT of things he did not want to talk about. He did like to talk about Tiniam and the bomb. He thought that was great. When I asked him what he thought about the A bomb, he replied, "boy, but for the A bomb you would not be here. I was assigned to set up and run the first patch'em up station in the invasion of Japan. Casualties were expected to be 80% of the first wave".
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!