Favorite fishing show?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

zload
Site Sponsor

Re: Favorite fishing show?

Post by zload »

I like Flats Class but the constant promo talk is a little too much...
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
BayGator

Post by BayGator »

Fishing with Red!! WJHG in Panama City has re-aired all his old shows and he even has some new ones too. I have been recording them so my son can watch them when his training starts!!
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

My favorite is probably Flats Class. My only problem with it and most of the other shows for that matter is that they try to make you feel like Satan himself if you want to keep a few fish for the table.
neckmoe

Post by neckmoe »

Chevy Florida Fishing Report, Addictive Fishing, Fishing the Flats, and Saltwater Experience(would like to see more fishing less talk).
I don't know when I'm gonna catch my next fish but I know when I do it's gonna be awesome!
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

one more cast , Shaw is as crazy about fishing in real life as he is on his show, of corse it could be that he is a local boy ,# 2 Additive fishing
Mdnght_Wlf

Post by Mdnght_Wlf »

BayGator wrote:Fishing with Red!! WJHG in Panama City has re-aired all his old shows and he even has some new ones too. I have been recording them so my son can watch them when his training starts!!
I grew up watching that show with my dad. My first boat was a 14 ft aluminum stick steering "homemade" boat with a 30hp Suzuki. Good times fishing the rivers and lakes in and around Panama City.
luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

I like flats class and sportsmans adventures
woopty
Site Sponsor

Post by woopty »

I like Reel Animals, especially when they go offshore.
They get some reel coastal characters to put them on the fish.
"You got time to breathe, you got time fur music..."
...Briscoe Darling Jr.

JB
http://zydecozoo.com
tallykenjsbetterhalf
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenjsbetterhalf »

I knew there was a method to his madness. Now he can search out the shows he didn't know about and schedule them on the DVR. And he complains the kids have too much scheduled for recording. :-D Pretty soon we'll have to discuss which shows get deleted to make room on the hard drive. I think I'll stay out of that discussion. :D
Beukeboom

Post by Beukeboom »

Salty Gator wrote:Outdoors w Red Holland, anyone remember that one?
Oh yes! I used to watch it when I was visiting my Grandparents in Lynn Haven, FL.

You might be interested in this:

http://www.newsherald.com/news/holland- ... shing.html
Beukeboom

Post by Beukeboom »

Don't really have a current favorite since there are so many on different cable channels but growing up in the pre-cable boom the two syndicated shows that I watched most often growing up in Mississippi was Bill Dance and Roland Martin.

BTW, anyone recommend a fishing show that is more educational for the beginner and novice fisherman? Most shows I've managed to see are mostly the host and guest(s) catching fish which frankly gets boring and repetative after a while.
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

I used to love the Walker's Cay Chronicles, but Spanish Fly was a close second.
Mark Sosin's Saltwater Journal was very informative, but most of the fishing shows on the air today suck. They are more about advertising for their sponsors than they are about teaching you how to catch more/better fish.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks MW, sorry to see ol Red go. Good topic Ken
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Well, I don't think it is my favorite fishing show, but I just saw Off The Hook: Extreme Catches, and it is pretty, well, "extreme". Animal Planet Sunday 8 PM.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Harmsway wrote:Well, I don't think it is my favorite fishing show, but I just saw Off The Hook: Extreme Catches, and it is pretty, well, "extreme". Animal Planet Sunday 8 PM.
Watching this one too, Harmsway, and while it sure hasn't proved very educational, I've found a few episodes quite entertaining. :thumbup: :lol:

Speaking of entertaining, Harmsway, thought for sure you or Wevans would have listed bikini-rich "Fish On!" or "Totally Hooked" by now. :wink:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945