anyone have an IPilot Riptide?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

JeffB
Site Sponsor

Re: anyone have an IPilot Riptide?

Post by JeffB »

I have one and love it, but when I use my anchor feature, it doesn't just anchor right on the spot. The motor turns about 180 degrees and then stops sometimes moving as much as 15 or 20 feet from the spot that I wanted to anchor. I know this isn't much, but I was just wondering if someone could describe how their anchor feature works just in case I might be doing something wrong.
Thanks
CarolinaJim

Post by CarolinaJim »

Spot lock depends on GPS signal, if you have 4 bars showing on the remote you should hold within 5' or so. Less bars mean the hold will increase. If you have 80lb TM on light boat it may over react, conversely if you have a 55lb on a heavy boat it will be slow to react. IF you are about stopped when you press spot lock twice it should not move much. Also really helps to be pointed in to the wind or current before pressing spot lock. IF you are on 10 and hit spot lock it is not going to stop instantly it will need to turn 180 degrees to get back to where the button was pushed. but eventually should end up on the spot.

I can tell you that I pull up next to my buddy on anchor can spot lock and have face to face conversation and move less than 2'.

Describe if your moving fast/slow, downwind/upwind. and how many gps signal bars you have. Then we can tell if you need to get it serviced
My electronics cost more than my boat,motor, and trailer.
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

CarolinaJim wrote:Spot lock depends on GPS signal, if you have 4 bars showing on the remote you should hold within 5' or so. Less bars mean the hold will increase. If you have 80lb TM on light boat it may over react, conversely if you have a 55lb on a heavy boat it will be slow to react. IF you are about stopped when you press spot lock twice it should not move much. Also really helps to be pointed in to the wind or current before pressing spot lock. IF you are on 10 and hit spot lock it is not going to stop instantly it will need to turn 180 degrees to get back to where the button was pushed. but eventually should end up on the spot.

I can tell you that I pull up next to my buddy on anchor can spot lock and have face to face conversation and move less than 2'.

Describe if your moving fast/slow, downwind/upwind. and how many gps signal bars you have. Then we can tell if you need to get it serviced
Thanks CarolinaJim,
I don't really remember about the signal bars, but I am usually stop before engaging spot lock. And I'm sure that I've tried it downwind and upwind.
I will play around with it some tomorrow afternoon and see what happens and I will let you know. Thank you for your reply.
Dockwilson
Site Sponsor

Post by Dockwilson »

I just bought one for my Gheenoe. Waiting on a mounting block for it. After I get it on and tried out ill have a MK Riptide 50, transom mount w 36" shaft to sell. Only a year old.
Looking forward to trying it out.