Econfina 5-18

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina 5-18

Post by WolfeMan »

I thought BBG or another Ecky regular had posted a GPS track for a safe path out of that river one time a while back. I'll ask him.

Post by big bend gyrene »

FUTCHCAIRO wrote:YESSIR, THERE ARE A BUNCH MORE ROCKS IN THAT RIVER... I DO NOT GO OUT ECONFINA UNTILL THE TIDE IS AT LEAST PLUS 1.5 FT.
PA
SEMPER FI :smt006 salute1 salute2 salute3
PA's many years of experience make him a wise, WISE man! Have fished Ecky for over 10 years now as my primary launch area and still don't like running the river with less than 1.5', especially when the water is clear and I can see what I'm running over! :smt107 :smt103 :lol:

By the GRACE of GOD alone, haven't had to get any repair work done YET (KNOCKING ON WOOD AS I TYPE), though I bumped the NWZ rock a time or two at idle speed when I first started navigating the river. I don't go in the middle at that point anymore, even if it's a heavy positive tide when I come in! Honestly think it can reach up and grab props! :smt106

Wolfeman, running paths you're talking about that I use aren't the river one but instead a few very specific runs along the flats I stick to once out of the river mouth... those were first canoe/kayak tested on mildly low tides as well as with MUCH study of depth chart maps... even using them, with less than a 1.5' tide there are so many things to bite you in the area that I prefer heading on to the house versus risking running around with less water. Just my .02.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Here's a couple of ecofina routes & rocks
Attachments
econrock.jpg
econfina2.jpg
econfina2.jpg (26.68 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
econfina.jpg
econfina.jpg (50.68 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

micci_man wrote: Yes Sir we do. Just thinking about the next guy. That was the first time I have ever been out of that river/ramp. Are there any others in the middle of the river along the way? finding them like this could get expensive...

Fishing out of Econfina gets expensive. You just have to learn to deal with the risk/reward.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"