Pay ramp fee with food stamps?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: Pay ramp fee with food stamps?

Post by wevans »

You don't pay with food stamps :hammer: You simply don't pay if you are on food stamps and check the box :smt012
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

bman wrote:
lonesouth wrote:As related to me by a buddy who scanned the original.

Mashes Sands

How are they going to verify that??
Couldn't everyone check that box?
I dang sure will from now on.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
rocket
Site Sponsor

Post by rocket »

bman wrote:
lonesouth wrote:As related to me by a buddy who scanned the original.

Mashes Sands

How are they going to verify that??
Couldn't everyone check that box?
I dang sure will from now on.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

wevans wrote:You don't pay with food stamps :hammer: You simply don't pay if you are on food stamps and check the box :smt012
That makes me feel a little better
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

The Official Park Service pay schedule states those economically disadvantaged (what a statement, economically disadvantaged) are charged half the base price of the Park Fee.

I just got an annual State Park Pass and as a veteran I was provided a 25% discount. Now, aint that some crap. I sign up to serve so I can put myself through college, which helps lead to a better economic position, and then I get half of the discount someone who is economically disadvantaged does. I dont have a problem with Welfare Assistance programs for those who truly need such assistance. I feel as a Christian and an American that's my duty to help others. However, the system is broke and has become a "reward" system for those not willing to work when able. This park fee reduction is just another example.

I did note that on the original post, "Mashes Sands" was on that post. I'm not sure if that's a user tag/handle or if that was an indication of where that Park Pass came from. If the indication was it came from Mashes Sands then that would be incorrect as that's a whole different fee administered by Wakulla County. By the way, I bought that annual pass too, which I don't agree with at all, but I bought it anyways. So, as soon as I get my St. Marks annual ramp pass, I will be well over $100 in annual ramp fees (with my Veterans Discount with the State and County Pass) just to use the ramps in Wakulla County. Dang it's good to live in the land of the free.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
lonesouth
Site Sponsor

Post by lonesouth »

it is indicated to me that Mashes Sands was the location that the pass originated from.
850-273-8818
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Folks, to get an idea of where we are headed if we do not change, here is an excerpt from a speech yesterday by our anointed one:

-----

Obama Speaks to Congressional Summer Interns

“America is a great country. There is no denying this. However, I caution you all as you step forward in your careers. Peer back into history and ask yourselves- Was a revolution truly necessary? Great Britain may not have had it completely right, but they had many things right. Take taxes for example. If your neighbor makes $1 Million a year, but you and your family can barely keep the heat on should he not help your family? God instructs us to help our neighbors. He does not instruct us to look down upon them though the windows of capitalism. Why then on the Fourth of July should you celebrate such a radical break from what is Godly and just? No doubt there are many voices warning you of the harm of big government. They are wrong. Government can provide you with what family and friends cannot. If this is gone what will you have?”

Many in the crowd seemed uneasy, and desperate for some sort of clarification. Julie Barks, an intern from Louisiana State University, asked President Obama, “Are you saying we should not celebrate the birth of our country?”

President Obama responded, ”I believe we should celebrate where we are going. Celebrate moving forward. Not where we have been.”

-------

Read into it what you want.....

Sad days in my opinion

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

Dubble where did you find this? I hadn't seen it yet. If this is true, well... he's much worse than I feared he could be and that's saying a lot. :smt009
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

The whole Obama speech mentioned earlier was labeled as "Satire" and has already been debunked by Snopes.
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

I trust Snopes about as much as I trust Obama. I doubt he's stupid or arrogant enough to actually say those things out loud, but I'm sure it's about how he feels.
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

lonesouth wrote:it is indicated to me that Mashes Sands was the location that the pass originated from.

Hmmm, that wouldn't be applicable since that's a County boat ramp and park. Maybe the provider was confused about the location (maybe thinking of Bald Point). Either way, the point remains the same, Food Stamps=reduced State Park fees.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."