Rod and Reel Advice

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dombern34
Site Sponsor

Re: Rod and Reel Advice

Post by dombern34 »

if you want you be cooler than your friends, then a shimano saros 3000-4000 with a Southern Custom Rod would be the way to go :thumbup:
tightlines

Post by tightlines »

Since I have started using them im a huge fan of the Shimano Teramar Rods at Bass Pro they will run you about $109. Well worth the money in my opinion made with all quality components.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

tightlines wrote:Since I have started using them im a huge fan of the Shimano Teramar Rods at Bass Pro they will run you about $109. Well worth the money in my opinion made with all quality components.
Kevin's has them for the same price. Shop local :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

On the other hand, a Southern Custom rod is still way cooler than a Teramar.
redcodefsu

Post by redcodefsu »

What are some specs of the Southern Custom rods? What is the rod made out of? I hear those Shimano Teramar rods are made out of some TC4 material that is super strong.
2003 Key West 1720
2004 90 hp 2-stroke Yamaha
1950's Grumman 17' Double Ender
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

fishinfool wrote:On the other hand, a Southern Custom rod is still way cooler than a Teramar.
Now that G Loomis and Shimano have changed their warrantee policy I won't be buying any more. Southern Custom will get my business moving forward :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
gatoremt

Post by gatoremt »

The SC rods look nice on their website. A little higher than I can afford.
Griff - 14.5' Ultimate Native
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit What virtue has joined together,
death shall not separate
Deus bonus est
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

i appreciate the kind Comments from above!

i do in fact build custom rods and can build it in anyway you can dream of. but as of last year I've taken it to the next level and now have my own line of rods out. these are being manufactured in the USA. these rods are built on a very high quality blank that i believe is the most sensitive, lightest, and strongest out there. its a unique blank that you would never find on a "off the shelf rod" these blanks have no glass in them and are Scrim-less.

maybe to some people they will think the rods are a little plain, well they are. i put all of my money into the quality of the rod instead of looks and graphics. to me i believe they look great and performance is what counts anyways.

i back my rods with a lifetime warranty, even better than shimanos old warranty. if it breaks in 2 weeks or if one of your kids kids breaks it 20 years from now, I'll honor it.

yes my rods are prices a little higher than what your average fisherman would be willing to pay, but i believe for the quality, customer service, and warranty/assurance this rod is under priced.

i will becoming out with a inshore series of rods this coming spring as I'm working on carefully selecting the actions and length of each model to absolute perform and be the best inshore rods out.

of course any BBF member will not pay retail for my rods! i appreciate everyone and hope there will be a SCR on everyone's boat next year!!
gatoremt

Post by gatoremt »

Let me know when you come out with inshore one. That is only way I fish.

Sent from under my bed ~ Griff
Griff - 14.5' Ultimate Native
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit What virtue has joined together,
death shall not separate
Deus bonus est