Important Lake Jackson meeting 02/03/15

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

Re: Important Lake Jackson meeting 02/03/15

Post by bman »

Welcome Waterdogds,
Glad to hear your thoughts - I agree on the pollution issue.
but please be respectful to others. I think you also confused onefishtwofish with Cotton about not having motors.
All opinions are allowed and can be debated but in a civil manner.

waterdogds wrote:New to the forum, but not the area. I attended the meeting last night and it was insightful, to say the least. Property owners want more open water, while the fishermen and hunters want it left alone.

cotton wrote: We shouldn't dismiss anyones chosen recreation.
Yet, you're ready to dismiss any boat with a motor on it. It's the revenue generated by boat registration, that cares for the lake and boat landings. Not your kayak. :smt011
cotton wrote:In my opinion, bass fishing on Jackson is what benefits the community the most.
Forget your own selfish reasoning behind what you think should be done, and think about the lake and what needs to be done to clean it up.(Runoff Pollution)

Did you attend the meeting? FWC, in fact, say they're pleased with the lake and the management plan over the last five years. Water levels will come and go as well as the vegetation. Better efforts need to be made to control runoff pollution. Something that will benefit the lake, not the wants of selfish groups or individuals.
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Jose Gaspar

Post by Jose Gaspar »

Wow! Sounds like an interesting meeting.

My take away is that all us duck hunters, starting with Bman himself, move to only organic fertilizers! I'm digging my outhouse today!

Seriously, I love seeing the lake level up and it does make a lot of sense to see what the cold and high water levels do. A much better alternative than spraying.

I still stand by my assertion that Bman would hunt ducks on Lake Ella if it were just a tad further away from the po po station!
bman

Post by bman »

Jose Gaspar wrote:I still stand by my assertion that Bman would hunt ducks on Lake Ella if it were just a tad further away from the po po station!
No Doubt ;-)
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"