Custom Inshore Rods

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

milto
Site Sponsor

Re: Custom Inshore Rods

Post by milto »

hambric85 wrote:Skunk, just wanted to let you know I was at dom's house tonight. I played with your rod ;). Looks sweet. Hes working on another spinner for me and then a new baitcaster. I like the heavy power modfast action. Should be a good bull red/small tarpon rod.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
We are looking for a rod sponsor for our club next year, if Dom is interested, have him give Steve Hobbs aka skeeterbite a ring.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

Jumptrout51 wrote:I had 4 rods made by a former site sponsor.
When one of them broke,his exact words were "tough shit".

that's unfortunate and I'm sorry you had to deal with poor customer service and a horrible warranty. I like giving my customers a piece of mind that if that rod breaks, they're covered. PERIOD. my rods aren't the cheapest in price so when someone spends that kind of money with me, I enjoy giving them a rod that I know is worth even more than the price.

my warranty is pretty cut and dry. if it breaks, you get a new one. I unfortunately can't cover loss or stolen but if something happens to that rod and you're honest with me because some breaks will tell on ya. I'll replace it for absolutely no charge. of course that cost comes out of my pocket. which is fine, because this just insures me and you that no corners are being cut and I'm taking every precaution to make sure the rod is built correctly and that you get the absolute best performance out of the rod.

my goal on each build is to make it your new favorite rod. because if you don't like the rod, you're not going to use it and your money was wasted.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Well said. Sounds like a winner to me! Nothing like an honest broker. Seems to me cheap sorry rods never break. It is always the expensive ones no matter how well made.

dombern34 wrote:
Jumptrout51 wrote:I had 4 rods made by a former site sponsor.
When one of them broke,his exact words were "tough shit".

that's unfortunate and I'm sorry you had to deal with poor customer service and a horrible warranty. I like giving my customers a piece of mind that if that rod breaks, they're covered. PERIOD. my rods aren't the cheapest in price so when someone spends that kind of money with me, I enjoy giving them a rod that I know is worth even more than the price.

my warranty is pretty cut and dry. if it breaks, you get a new one. I unfortunately can't cover loss or stolen but if something happens to that rod and you're honest with me because some breaks will tell on ya. I'll replace it for absolutely no charge. of course that cost comes out of my pocket. which is fine, because this just insures me and you that no corners are being cut and I'm taking every precaution to make sure the rod is built correctly and that you get the absolute best performance out of the rod.

my goal on each build is to make it your new favorite rod. because if you don't like the rod, you're not going to use it and your money was wasted.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
hambric85

Post by hambric85 »

hambric85

Post by hambric85 »

The rod that started it all. St Croix sc3 7-6mf. My other 3 are getting labels. I always take my rods from Dom before he gets to slap a label on them! The advantages of living in the same town. I know he hates it. ;)