Memorial Day weekend fishing reports.

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FTReelty

Re: Memorial Day weekend fishing reports.

Post by FTReelty »

First time out in KW 1720 with wife and 10 yr old on Saturday at St. Marks. Had 2 keeper trout and lots of shorts. Fished in 3-6 ft with White pearl and New penny. Overall a good first day...Went back Monday and went a little deeper, 8-10 ft and caught 6 RB and 10 Keeper Trout w my son. Great Day! Enjoy the reports and thanks to Hit-N-Miss for hooking me up!
2true

Post by 2true »

Nice and Welcome aboard! :beer:
2true

Post by 2true »

I went and got into the big Jack that I thought was going to break my pole. Nothing after that. Tough Memorial day on the water.
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Fished Lanark Tuesday (5/31) with wife and two daughters (9 and 3), caught 4 keeper trout and numerous small ones in 4-6 feet on cork and white gulp. Fished from about 8-2 near Lanark and turkey shoals. Then headed to Dog Island for some swimming. Wind picked up pretty strong in afternoon. Water was dingy in most spots. Had fun with family and glad we waited until day after Memorial Day to hit the water.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

FTReelty wrote:First time out in KW 1720 with wife and 10 yr old on Saturday at St. Marks. Had 2 keeper trout and lots of shorts. Fished in 3-6 ft with White pearl and New penny. Overall a good first day...Went back Monday and went a little deeper, 8-10 ft and caught 6 RB and 10 Keeper Trout w my son. Great Day! Enjoy the reports and thanks to Hit-N-Miss for hooking me up!
Glad you got some. I tried to raise you back on the VHF. guess a little too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

fished Cedar Key Friday thur Tuesday with all the family (every had 6 grownup kids in a 19 foot bay boat casting at the same time) caught quality trout in size a little hard to get the numbers of legal size but what we got was good size, ended up the last place we went Tuesday at 12:00 pm was the best we did all weekend , caught a limit of trout for five in half an hour and called it a day. sent the trout to north east Georgia .
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

JIm Smith wrote:fished Cedar Key Friday thur Tuesday with all the family (every had 6 grownup kids in a 19 foot bay boat casting at the same time) caught quality trout in size a little hard to get the numbers of legal size but what we got was good size, ended up the last place we went Tuesday at 12:00 pm was the best we did all weekend , caught a limit of trout for five in half an hour and called it a day. sent the trout to north east Georgia .
. Now that's putting them on the boat. Great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Russ@R&R

Post by Russ@R&R »

ertauber wrote:Fished on Saturday with friends. Launched at Carabelle and headed for Dog Isl. Fished a shallow cove off sand beach about 4' water. Some used live shrimp and I used white Gulp shrimp under poppin' cork. Caught one mackeral,three keeper trout and some small rock bass. Moved over to Lanark and got the trout. Great day on the water followed by a wonderful fish fry and cold beer.

I'll be staying between Lanark and Carrabelle next week. Will put in at Lanark. It will be my first time taking my boat. What area at Lanark produced trout for you?