Taylor County Parking Permits

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Re: Taylor County Parking Permits

Post by JIm Smith »

don't complain Cedar KEY IS 185.00 A YEAR or 15.00 a day if paid with a card
Little grasshopper

Post by Little grasshopper »

That looks about how the note has read the last few times I have got my yearly permit.
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:So you can't launch if you don't have annual permit???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. It is nice that you can put on trailer that way you don't have to use the same tow vehicle all the time.
That was original the plan but I talked to the guy taking money at the Keaton public ramp Friday and he said the county "put the cart before the horse on that one." Said they are giving it another look due to community backlash over it. It's way cheaper for me to buy the year pass but I can see where local businesses could be upset about it.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Apalachee Inshore wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:So you can't launch if you don't have annual permit???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. It is nice that you can put on trailer that way you don't have to use the same tow vehicle all the time.
That was original the plan but I talked to the guy taking money at the Keaton public ramp Friday and he said the county "put the cart before the horse on that one." Said they are giving it another look due to community backlash over it. It's way cheaper for me to buy the year pass but I can see where local businesses could be upset about it.
. I plan on getting one. But was wondering. I could see where it could keep people away that only come for scalloping a couple times. Be like buying a year license to fish the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

As my economics professor used to say, TANSTAFL--There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. (And no, it wasn't a late night Trump tweet! :lol: )

It costs significant money to build ramps and is a long process for permitting, site prep, parking, etc. And once a ramp is built, it takes more money to maintain it. The ramp elves didn't repair those facilities in record time after Hurricane Hermine and they don't pick up trash and empty the porta-johns, either.

Many ramps charge as much as $15 to $20 per launch so the $30 or so for an annual pass is a bargain. For those occasional users complaining, they should consider it a cheap payment for using a public resource. Just my .02.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
relicshunter

Post by relicshunter »

I noticed quite a few out of area plates at the Keaton ramp last time. I don't know how they would make it work to demand a yearly pass or else. But good to know about this, I bought one yesterday, good deal since I have spent $20 in the last two months at Keaton. Now I am set of the rest of the year.

I know I'll get crap for this but I feel all users of the ramp should pay, motorized or not. We all are using the parking lot, try sharing the expense for the upkeep.
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

silverking wrote:As my economics professor used to say, TANSTAFL--There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. (And no, it wasn't a late night Trump tweet! :lol: )

It costs significant money to build ramps and is a long process for permitting, site prep, parking, etc. And once a ramp is built, it takes more money to maintain it. The ramp elves didn't repair those facilities in record time after Hurricane Hermine and they don't pick up trash and empty the porta-johns, either.

Many ramps charge as much as $15 to $20 per launch so the $30 or so for an annual pass is a bargain. For those occasional users complaining, they should consider it a cheap payment for using a public resource. Just my .02.
I think Sea Hag in Steinhatchee is the ring leader for the crowd against it. They posted a map on Facebook giving their customers directions to the Dixie County landing. I thought that was pretty salty.
Sun Daze

Post by Sun Daze »

Apalachee Inshore wrote:
silverking wrote:As my economics professor used to say, TANSTAFL--There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. (And no, it wasn't a late night Trump tweet! :lol: )

I think Sea Hag in Steinhatchee is the ring leader for the crowd against it. They posted a map on Facebook giving their customers directions to the Dixie County landing. I thought that was pretty salty.

Charlie (I think that's the name of the owner of Sea Hag) is the only one I've heard complaining.... After my experience with him after he took over Keaton Beach Marina, I couldn't give two sh*ts what he thinks!
Hit-n-Miss

Taylor County Parking Permits

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Just ordered mine. But I scallop and fish Keaton at least 6 or more times a year so it's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Price3275

Post by Price3275 »

relicshunter wrote:I noticed quite a few out of area plates at the Keaton ramp last time. I don't know how they would make it work to demand a yearly pass or else. But good to know about this, I bought one yesterday, good deal since I have spent $20 in the last two months at Keaton. Now I am set of the rest of the year.

I know I'll get crap for this but I feel all users of the ramp should pay, motorized or not. We all are using the parking lot, try sharing the expense for the upkeep.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Post by TomParis »

The ramp at St. Marks next to the fort is also 30.00 for an annual pass which I think is a bargain.
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Steinhatchee bait and tackle shack posted the following on their Facebook page:

Great news! The Taylor County Boat Ramp fees will remain the same for at least 90 days, $20 annually and $5 per day. There will be a Boat Ramp Work Shop, in which all business owners will be included, scheduled to discuss the outcome.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

TomParis wrote:The ramp at St. Marks next to the fort is also 30.00 for an annual pass which I think is a bargain.
wakulla county is $40. Just bought one
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Post by TomParis »

that does not cover the ramp in St Marks at the Fort, that is a county pass for the county run boat ramps. The City of St. Marks charges 30.00 for the annual pass for their boat ramp.

See list below

http://www.mywakulla.com/departments/pa ... /index.php
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

TomParis wrote:that does not cover the ramp in St Marks at the Fort, that is a county pass for the county run boat ramps. The City of St. Marks charges 30.00 for the annual pass for their boat ramp.

See list below

http://www.mywakulla.com/departments/pa ... /index.php
Looks like your right Tom. The lady that I spoke to said the fort was included, but rock landing wasn't. Wrong on both. Thanks for the clarification :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven