Only a few more weeks.

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Re: Only a few more weeks.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

MudDucker wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:
MudDucker wrote:Getting my boat all ready to travel. My daughter has put in that she wants to go. Of course, if she has another offer, Dad gets dropped like a wet noodle. We'll see!
. You gonna trailer over to Keaton? We will be out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably, I looked around Lanark a little yesterday and although the water was very clear, I saw very very few.
. Not sure fri or sat yet. But well be there. Raise me on 14. Know the area well. We can help each other out.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Image. Time to put the Bimini back on the boat. Image

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:
MudDucker wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:
MudDucker wrote:Getting my boat all ready to travel. My daughter has put in that she wants to go. Of course, if she has another offer, Dad gets dropped like a wet noodle. We'll see!
. You gonna trailer over to Keaton? We will be out there.

Probably, I looked around Lanark a little yesterday and although the water was very clear, I saw very very few.
. Not sure fri or sat yet. But well be there. Raise me on 14. Know the area well. We can help each other out.

I don't know if I am going to hit the first weekend crazies, but if I do, I'll hail ya.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
HookemBookem1

Post by HookemBookem1 »

Hit-N-Miss u ever been scalloping anywhere around panacea might be going once there this year with some folks didn't know if u had any tips for that area

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

HookemBookem1 wrote:Hit-N-Miss u ever been scalloping anywhere around panacea might be going once there this year with some folks didn't know if u had any tips for that area

. Been to Lanark once did ok but not real fond of the deep grass there. Like looking for fleas on a long haired dog. Lol. I did find one spot with shorter grass that made them easier to find. Found most there. I mostly do St Marks and Keaton.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Going Friday. Anyone else going?

flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

Going to skip the malay of the opening weelend. I was there last year and I said i would never do that again!. Hopefully going the second weekend though, probably won't be much better.
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
HookemBookem1

Post by HookemBookem1 »

Hit-N-Miss I will be down Monday and Tuesday

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

flatsbroke22 wrote:Going to skip the malay of the opening weelend. I was there last year and I said i would never do that again!. Hopefully going the second weekend though, probably won't be much better.
. Maybe most will be there on sat so I'll miss them.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

HookemBookem1 wrote:Hit-N-Miss I will be down Monday and Tuesday

. Maybe I'll have a good report for ya

LastCall1983

Post by LastCall1983 »

How bad is Steinhatchee on a weekday morning after scallop season has been in for a few weeks? i usually don't go once scallop season is in due to the crazies, but this year my wife wants to go since she's never been scalloping before (or even snorkeling).

Haven't got to fish as much as i usually do this spring either.. and when we have went we only caught a few keepers. Just not the luck we are used to so far, but again not as much time on the water as usual either.
red_yakker
Site Sponsor

Post by red_yakker »

LastCall1983 wrote:How bad is Steinhatchee on a weekday morning after scallop season has been in for a few weeks? i usually don't go once scallop season is in due to the crazies, but this year my wife wants to go since she's never been scalloping before (or even snorkeling).

Haven't got to fish as much as i usually do this spring either.. and when we have went we only caught a few keepers. Just not the luck we are used to so far, but again not as much time on the water as usual either.
It's hard to say, because it's opening earlier than usual, but it's usually safe after July4th on weekdays. Weekends and holidays get pretty congested until school starts back.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing. ~Babylonian Proverb
LastCall1983

Post by LastCall1983 »

Thanks thats what i was thinking weekdays wouldn't be horrible.
Hit-n-Miss

Only a few more weeks.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

To me the biggest thing that helps. Is to get there earlier than the crowd and come in before they do. But yes it's generally better on week days.

relicshunter

Post by relicshunter »

We were almost swamped in the channel, in a bowrider by a rental being driven by a young person at a ridiculous speed. It can be crazy and I assume it will be worse then normal with the change. Everyone be real careful out there!