Anybody seeing any mullet?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BloodyChamp

Re: Anybody seeing any mullet?

Post by BloodyChamp »

Welp I found some today lol!!!!!! At the place I was talking about in the thread I just bumped up. They were thick. They were on top of each other in some spots and their tails came out of the water. They were even chasing my lures!!!!!!

Unfortunately that’s where the good news ends lol! They wouldn’t bite them and I didn’t have anything to fish for them with. You would think that with all the talking I do about mullet fishing that I would be prepared lol but the mission today was to make the long trip I made and knock 1 off of the bucket list. I did finally hang 2 when I rigged up a snag hook. I definitely have a reschedule with those guys.
BloodyChamp

Re: Anybody seeing any mullet?

Post by BloodyChamp »

Ya’ll aren’t going to believe this but today’s mullet fishing “trip” was a bust because Redfish and Trout kept sabotaging it!!!!!!!! I can’t count how many Redfish I caught or lost because I didn’t have any saltwater hooks. By trip I mean ride to the bank that started after a day’s work. When I finally figured out I’d stumbled on a load of Redfish I had to use what I had which was a bass hook Texas rigged with Speckled Perch Gulp baits. I finally only quit because it was getting dark.

I’m going to keep the location to myself because I’ve never heard of Redfish being caught from where I was at. And of course I realize the whole thing could have just been a fluke. I can’t wait to go back and see! I’d never caught a Trout by myself and had only caught 1 Redfish ever including flats fishing trips I was treated to until today.