Need a little Forum help

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I want to make clear to everyone one more time, THIS IS NOT A BASH MIKE'S MARINE THREAD! My intent on this thread was to get things moving faster than they are and it still is :-D I have a great deal of confidence in Mike doing what is right by me :thumbup: "I'm just getting antsy without a boat" :oops: G3 now has the boat and they are inspecting it as I type. Also, I would like to give a little more of a breakdown on the way things have gone, the boat was taken to Mike's on or around 8/13/04 "yea I know Friday the 13th" for the pin holes and leakage, apone inspection the next week they found two cracks in the hull. they took pictures and Mike Jr. took the pics to G3 the next week when he went for training "we both had hoped for a resolution with just the pics", when he returned the next week I was informed that they wanted to see the boat not just pics. I took 3 weeks to get them to pic it up due to the hurricanes "I had to go strip the boat due to Mike having to get everything ready for the storm" which cost another week, then the driver of the next truck for pickup died and they did not have a ready replacement, then Ivan showed up the next week :o I think if we could have moved faster at the beginning, then all would have been resolved fairly quickly :thumbup: but as it turned out we didn't and now we are all getting a bit upset with one another "me, Mike and G3" :hammer: I wanted to let ya'll know all the facts as best I could put it down due to Mike's receiving many emails from ya'll and to make sure that everyone is as informed as possible :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

G3 is replacing the boat :smt038 Thanks to all who wrote and called on my behalf and thanks to Mike's Marine for working hard to get this resolved :smt023
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

SALTSHAKER wrote:Ok, ALL forum members need to call and ask for a warranty (case contact) to be opened.. This will start a process within Yamaha that each dist. rep. gets a copy of the # of calls, and customer conserns. They have to report back to the head cheese on progress. and the dealer is contacted as to the stat. of each case ..... IT GETS THE BALL ROLLING.....
1st call 1-800-588-9787, Yamaha warrt. cust. asst.
2nd call 1-800-588-9787 X-131,, G3 warrt cust. asst,
3rd call 850-984-5637, Mike's ,, call mike daily and ask for a status update,
YOU SHOULD GET A NEW BOAT FOR ALL YUR TROUBLE!!!

Do we tell em that we is callin' for the Slopchoppie Redneck? and we is powerfull mad about dis here thang.
"Just how big a boy are ya?"
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Good deal wevans, now stay off them bars. :o :-D
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Congrats!

Now Mikes Marine will maintain their good reputation.

Is Mikes going to give you a replacement right off the floor with a new engine? :D
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

I really don't know just what I'll be getting, but the old motor and trailer will be part of the deal!
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

Good dill :smt066
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

wevans wrote:I really don't know just what I'll be getting, but the old motor and trailer will be part of the deal!
One of these. :o :-D

wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

NAAA, I wouldn't want ta take your dream boat away from ya Don :wink:
Eerman
Site Sponsor

Post by Eerman »

Congrats Wevans...Does anybody else think its a weird concidence that as soon as Wevans was off the water all these hurricanes start heading our way? The sea is angry Wevans...she's calling your name :-D :-D
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

wevans- you get that party bardge stockwell mentioned and you could take all us red-necks deep sea fishin! :smt043
tin can
Site Sponsor

Post by tin can »

Glad to hear you're getting a new boat. Now, lets see how long that takes.
What was I supposed to do today?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Last correspondence said that my motor and such will arrive on Monday and Mike's will put it on an in stock boat for delivery :-D course, since I had ta take the electronics and such off of it myself, I expect that I'll have ta put em back on also :o
Eerman, lets just hope I get the boat before Jeanne decides ta make landfall :-D :beer: :beer:
videodog

Such a Good Boat Serial #S

Post by videodog »

Now that You've had such good experience from the Boat retailers, Could you please include your Serial #s for us.... to try to Avoid... Us buying your Problem?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

:smt043
From my understanding, they plan to disect it to discover why the problem arose, so they can correct it "if it is indeed a defect of some sort" :beer: :beer: