Aucilla-12/3/04--Another Victim

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Fisherman989
Site Sponsor

Jet

Post by Fisherman989 »

Second Chance--some of my friends have jet drives...up to 90hp. They work excellently in these rock infested rivers.
Additionally....2 of my friends...in 2 different boats....hit rocks Saturday at Aucilla. One completely tore up his tilt and trim....the other had to be towed in. Motor wouldn't run after the hit. :(
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

I know that I praise the rock gaurd alot on here but make no mistake, I am not advocating the abuse of good common sense. As stated above, nothing will save you from an impact at WOT, but the gaurd saves your skeg from those low impact collisions that would otherwise take a chunk out. It has performed well at medium speeds also, but I would'nt have intentionally trusted it if I had known that the rock was there :-D .
Just like most have already stated, when you know you are in rock country, slow down and trim up.
Fish Masterson