What's your rig????

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Re: What's your rig????

Post by Flint River Pirate »

I bought this boat a couple of weeks ago. I have been looking for another river boat to make sure GAJOEY doesn't catch all of my shoal bass in the Flint. I needed something a little more stable than my 13 foot Gheenoe because I have a 2 1/2 year old that wants to go with me everytime I go. This boat has been wonderful. It is a 14 foot flat bottom Alumacraft with a Yamaha F20, 55lb thrust Minn Kota, Lowrance GPS, anchor mate, ped seats, nav lights, and floor. It will run close to 30mph with just me in it. I am really excited about it because we can use it for the river and it is small enough for ponds around the house. :thumbup:
aboat.JPG
aboat.JPG (1.74 MiB) Viewed 2343 times
bboat.JPG
bboat.JPG (1.39 MiB) Viewed 2343 times
boata.JPG
boata.JPG (1.43 MiB) Viewed 2343 times
Team Jolly Mon
Natureboy

Post by Natureboy »

Nice looking boat FRP. You will enjoy that one. It looks like a redfish machine to me. When we fish the flats I take my little 1436 with a 8hp yamaha and love it. It has been perfect for the rivers and creeks around Econfina. Just watch the wind and weather and there is no reason you cant fish out a little in that boat and you can fish all day long and burn $5 in gas. Great boat buddy. Hang on to it.
GEAUX TIGERS!
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

Hey neighbor! Looks perfect for you and Little Mr. Pirate! Looks like the first cousin to STRIKE TWO! :-D
How do you keep it so clean?
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
woopty
Site Sponsor

Post by woopty »

Here's a rig for ya.

Whiteline 18 tunnel.
Traditional mullet boat design adapted by Ralph White over in Blountstown.

It has quite a history around here. It worked the Aucilla for several years.
Old-timers tell me stories about the past owners, wild trips, and configurations. Waivel told me it once had an inboard and a tower.

I used to go down and help some friends during the mullet run years ago, (miss those days) and really dug the design. Had been looking for an aluminum version ever since.

Draws 4".
"You got time to breathe, you got time fur music..."
...Briscoe Darling Jr.

JB
http://zydecozoo.com
Tennessee

Post by Tennessee »

Ty one on wrote:
Tennessee wrote:Is it Nickies?
Yes thats it. Is it still there? Also we would eat at Magoo's in East Ridge, great Bologna Burgers.
Both still here. Nickies is also famous for their onion rings, shrimp, and hamburger steak meals an icon for this area. They have made alot of changes. Outside seating. Biker crowd favorite on weekends.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

RHTFISH wrote:How do you keep it so clean?
Hey Doc, thanks! The way I keep it so clean is because it sits in the garage all the time!! :lol: Too much time in the office!!
Team Jolly Mon
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Natureboy wrote:Nice looking boat FRP. You will enjoy that one. It looks like a redfish machine to me. When we fish the flats I take my little 1436 with a 8hp yamaha and love it. It has been perfect for the rivers and creeks around Econfina. Just watch the wind and weather and there is no reason you cant fish out a little in that boat and you can fish all day long and burn $5 in gas. Great boat buddy. Hang on to it.
Thanks Natureboy, I am looking forward to using it. :thumbup:
Team Jolly Mon
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

robbankston wrote:i've got to quite looking at this thread....feel a fever coming on. :D
Yeah, we all got the fever, rob. Ain't no cure for it. :( Well, that's not really true, but as soon as you cure one fever, you'll get another one. :wink:
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Found a better pic of my boat and thought I would bring this post back. :-D Image
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

Harmsway wrote:
robbankston wrote:i've got to quite looking at this thread....feel a fever coming on. :D
Yeah, we all got the fever, rob. Ain't no cure for it. :( Well, that's not really true, but as soon as you cure one fever, you'll get another one. :wink:

Now I wonder what my next fever will be? :lol:
Attachments
IMAGE_058.jpg
IMAGE_058.jpg (30.95 KiB) Viewed 2246 times
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
RiverRunner

Post by RiverRunner »

RiverRunner wrote:I picked this up yesterday down in Panama City. I love it, my boy and I tried it out on the Ochlockonee yesterday evening and it did GREAT!

2002 15' Polar Kraft all welded with a Yamaha 25.
Well, I have since replaced the 25 with a 2010 Tohatsu 50 Hp tiller and I have added another toy to the stall. The wifey isn't quite on board with this purchase.....but it sure is fun!
chewysims

Post by chewysims »

This my 2007 Ranger Ghost.............
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

NEED TO STOP BY WORK HERE ,LET ME CHECK IT OUT BUD
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor