Bass Pro to Tallahassee?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Country
Site Sponsor

Re: Bass Pro to Tallahassee?

Post by Reel Country »

RodBow wrote:and while we're on the subject, has anyone ever gotten any friendliness at Boater's World?
Other than the owner guy - the hired crew just seem to be in their own little boat world ... bunch of putzes
Never experienced that at BW. Always had good service (on purchases and returns). Most of the guys in there fish and know what you're talking about.
Bow'd Up

Post by Bow'd Up »

BB, I dissapointed in you, how could you put Kevins and SGO in the same paragraph. I'll stick with SGO and Advantage Marine. If heath ain't got it, he will get it, and Dale, I'm looking forward to taking the Skeeter on her maiden voyage and trying out the new jack plate and trim tabs courtesy of Advantage Marine.
bbb

Post by bbb »

Any chance of another SGO being put in Bainbridge. We're hurting for a good outdoor shop. Best place we have doubles as a pawn shop. He's got some good stuff, but your shopping with folks that steal from others. :thumbdown:
grim reeler

Post by grim reeler »

Good Times wrote:I've got a buddy that is an electrical engineer for Tallahassee. He told me about 4 months ago that bass pro had talked with the city about building a store. He also said that there was another "high end" outdoors store that was comming as well. He couldn't remember the name at the time.
I can confirm the BPS info. They want to put a shop in the proposed pinnical development at 90E and I10. But they need power before the dev can go forward, which is waiting on the eastern transmission line and new substation.
Good Times

Post by Good Times »

grim reeler wrote:
Good Times wrote:I've got a buddy that is an electrical engineer for Tallahassee. He told me about 4 months ago that bass pro had talked with the city about building a store. He also said that there was another "high end" outdoors store that was comming as well. He couldn't remember the name at the time.
I can confirm the BPS info. They want to put a shop in the proposed pinnical development at 90E and I10. But they need power before the dev can go forward, which is waiting on the eastern transmission line and new substation.

That's the same thing my friend told me. Thanks Grim
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

and while we're on the subject, has anyone ever gotten any friendliness at Boater's World?
Other than the owner guy - the hired crew just seem to be in their own little boat world ... bunch of putzes
Thanks alot for that Rodbow. :roll: As a Boater's World employee and strong supporter of the NFGFC and BBSWC, that kinda pisses me off. Don't know who you talked to, or think you talked too, but BW is corporately owned by Ritz Camera. The local store has no local owner, but does have some nice, and fairly knowledgeable folks. Like lots of places in Tallahassee, we do have a few students working there and that might have been who you ran into, but for the most part even they know their stuff. Nice to know the folks I try to support think I am a putz. Be glad to talk about it in person if you'd like to drop by some time.

seatrout99
Capt. Chris Sapp
seatrout99@hotmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
229-220-4319
Last edited by seatrout99 on February 1st, 2008, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

oooooooh weeeeeee! here we go!! :smt024 :smt072
VIVA la BT

Image_______________Image
seatrout99
Site Sponsor

Post by seatrout99 »

No, MB, I have nothing else to say on this subject on the forum. Just felt I needed to defend myself and my guys. I can assure you I am not hard to find and will be glad to discuss it face to face.

ST99
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

didn't figure you'd get into a flame war Chris, just funny. people should be careful what is said on an open forum.
VIVA la BT

Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Darn Chris. I think this person that is not happy with the folks at Boater's World should just go on down the hill to Sports Athur.
I have nothing but respect for the folks at Boater's World. Hell, even the one in Atlanta has a good crew there. So don't let someone jerk you chain Bro' . But if you need a backup. I'm your man.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

seatrout99 wrote:No, MB, I have nothing else to say on this subject on the forum. Just felt I needed to defend myself and my guys. I can assure you I am not hard to find and will be glad to discuss it face to face.

ST99
Little ole fella like you could easily hide in that store :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Tom Keels wrote:Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and if they aren't yours they stink.
redfisher2424

Post by redfisher2424 »

Just thought Id throw my 2 cents in about this BPS thing. From the information I ve been getting from a pretty reliable source is that BPS is being pursued heavely by the Tallahasse Mall. With Dillards leaving there is much talk of the mall not making it here in the near future. The rent they paid alone on that building far out weighs the rest of the patrons in the mall. The talk is taking the old dillards wing of the building down or remodeling to bring in BPS as well as the whole wing of the mall Dillards occupied. The mall people are making an attempt to save the tallahssee mall from just fallling on its face. The BPS alone would bring so much revenue to that mall. Along with alot of new stores that wouldnt move in before. The amount of customers a BPS brings in is staggering. Just look at Destin. So from a business standpoint this could be a great deal for the Tallahassee Mall.
Barhopr
Site Sponsor

Post by Barhopr »

I buy everything from SGO or Advantage Marine( when I can get down there). Only thing I'll buy from "Chain" store is what Heath/Dale tells me they can't get. I like to keep my money local if at all possible. However, Some things the local guys just can't keep in stock...but they can get you most anything. Just my 2 cents
VIVA la BT