Yall know what really burns my azz???

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Re: Yall know what really burns my azz???

Post by Dubble Trubble »

On a serious note, for those who really want to educate themselves on what controls money in this country, it will be well worth your time to watch these 2 videos. If you do not care, then forget about it, save 2 hours, and go on with your life.

It takes a couple of hours, but I guarantee you you will come away with a different mentality about our monetary system and our government.

Most people have no idea about the truth. Good or bad, you decide for yourself.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2583451279" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9335380093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

FSUAngler wrote:Gas prices tend to fall towards the end of an election year. Remember in 2004 when fuel costs dropped in the months leading towards November? I guess it tends makes voters feel nice and warm on the inside when heading to the polls. Perhaps to give a incumbent / political party an advantage. Just hold off fishing till' September and October! Ha. :D

I hear ya man, maybe theres hope!!
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

As a moderator, I can always tell when the weather sucks and you guys aren't fishing :lol:
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Basically. :smt009 I just finished the inventories on all three stores. Been working sixteen hours a day for the last several weeks, and now when Im ready to go wet a hook, the weather sux and I cant afford to fill the truck to go, poor poor me :smt009 :smt009 :smt005
A wise person pays attention to correction that will improve his life...... Proverbs 15:31 ICB <")))))>*<

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
mojokoko

Post by mojokoko »

Well it's kind of hard to lower the demand when we all have boats and trucks.
As far as the supply argument goes, you could always make more, but you also have to refine the oil that you buy.
Since were not going to make any more Oil refineries the only logical choice is to increase the production of the
refineries that you have in operation right now. But you also have to consider that we have all sorts of different
gas formula's that we have to make. Some gas made in some places can't be used in the places they are made at.
If it were up to me I would get all the Automotive, Marine, Construction, and Oil Companies together and have them
come together to make a standard for a different kind of fuel. At some point if we want to get off of oil were going to have
to come to some sort of standard otherwise we will all have different cars, boats, and damn near everything else with different
standards. Once all these guys came to a solution I would get as much oil as I can from the U.S including drilling in the gulf and
everywhere else you can think of to keep the prices a little lower for right now. Just my 2 cents.
Team Diehard -> Will Fish on an Inner-tube with a small craft advisory. Booyah
Proud member of the AKL
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

That is a recuring subject with me....
Back in Sept 2005 I was fussing about $2.52 a gallon...

Here is another log to throw on the fire.... :smt010

http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... ces#p51830" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
QueenB
Site Sponsor

Post by QueenB »

This is something someone sent me recently......sounds like it couldn't hurt......

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his
engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas
prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to
read this please.

Phillip H ollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day"
campaign that was going around last April or May! It's worth your
consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline
from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their
prices.
If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to
follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach li terally millions of Exxon and
Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at
this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach
millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten
more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300
x10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group
of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those
three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30
million people will have been contacted!

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten
more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could
conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days !!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference.

Not sure if this would actually do anything, but I am willing to try most anything to keep fishing!
GAJOEY
Site Sponsor

Post by GAJOEY »

The gas prices are hurting everyone. But in 1996 gas was $1.55 a gal. the starting pay for the plant for which I work was $ 6.50 per hr now starting pay is $10.50 per hr. Top pay was $16.00 per hr. Now the average person working at the plant where I work makes some where between $16.00 and $25.00 per hr. Point is most of us make more money than we used to.I have been paying for my house with the same $350 a month as I did when I was making $6.50 a hr. 15 years ago.I figure it's like a hell of a raise because now average house payment is $1000 mth or better. Point is some of our expenses have grown while some have stayed the same while our income has still increased.I have 3 cars that are paid for.I understand the tax break BB 40 grand is a lot of money to turn down while being able to ride in style and comfort.But the average joey does'nt get to claim thier vehicles as buisness expenses.Things will get better but it will more than likely get worse before they get better. Just hang in there the best you can.
Watch out for the one who brings a spoon to a knife fight..he is either really stupid or really good with a spoon. <')))><
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Regardless of when you buy gas, you still have to buy it....Distribution comes from the regional area, as in here in Panama City...It is my understanding that the station is Chevron owned....regardless of who you are BP, EXXON, Big Daddy's Gas & Chicken, etc... chevron will get a piece of the pie for bringing the gas in....I see all flavors of trucks going in the station and getting loads to transport.

The only way to reduce consumption is not burn fuel, period.....to do that you have to not drive, use smaller vehicles, use a kayak or sail boat. In my opinion this is the only way your going to drop the price...supply and demand, if you quit demanding it the stock levels will increase, this will lower the price because no company can make a profit with high inventory level and lack of sales.

But unfortunately we have developed a society that is dependent on fuel, it is like air to a business, no air you die....We are stuck....BB has to have inventory delivered to sell, you have to drive to his store to look, then he has to deliver it...it takes fuel to make money. Face it we will continue to take it in the azz until we change, until then you can take it dry(bitch about it) or lube up(pay for gas and go fishing)

Don't hate the playa (BP, EXXON, Chevron, etc.) hate the game (business, Hummers, 2500HD, F250's)
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Chalk wrote:Regardless of when you buy gas, you still have to buy it....Distribution comes from the regional area, as in here in Panama City...It is my understanding that the station is Chevron owned....regardless of who you are BP, EXXON, Big Daddy's Gas & Chicken, etc... chevron will get a piece of the pie for bringing the gas in....I see all flavors of trucks going in the station and getting loads to transport.

The only way to reduce consumption is not burn fuel, period.....to do that you have to not drive, use smaller vehicles, use a kayak or sail boat. In my opinion this is the only way your going to drop the price...supply and demand, if you quit demanding it the stock levels will increase, this will lower the price because no company can make a profit with high inventory level and lack of sales.

But unfortunately we have developed a society that is dependent on fuel, it is like air to a business, no air you die....We are stuck....BB has to have inventory delivered to sell, you have to drive to his store to look, then he has to deliver it...it takes fuel to make money. Face it we will continue to take it in the azz until we change, until then you can take it dry(bitch about it) or lube up(pay for gas and go fishing)

Don't hate the playa (BP, EXXON, Chevron, etc.) hate the game (business, Hummers, 2500HD, F250's)
I agree with what youre saying Chalk. Except the last part. The (game), business and large vehicles are an integral part of this world we live in. Take away the small businesses in this world and youre left with monopolizing giants. Small business account for over 80% of all revenues in the US. The 2500's you speak of, which I drive, is an integral part of my business. I could pull a small trailer with a smaller truck and make more trips but that's not very efficient either. I agree with Gajoey, a 40,000.00 per year tax break is not something every one has the chance to enjoy but everyone does have the opportunity to do what Ive done in the business world to create such possibilities. I started with 300.00 in the bank and a 20,000.00 loan. Anyone who wants to buy a Badcock store, Ill be more than glad to get you started with the process, no charge. If it seems I care alot about the average Joe, I do. Thats the person who patronizes my stores and for my livelihood, I want them financially stable. As long as the demand for high price fuel is there, it will continue to hurt that same average Joe. Im fortunate that all I have to do is gripe about the fuel prices and then strike a check and pay for them. My customers have to cut back on much more than a few trips to make their household budgets work. These high prices are passed on to the consumer in every facet of business. I have a good friend in the transportation business. Their fuel surcharge for freight is .45/mile. Who do you think pays this in the end? YOU, The consumer!!!! To transport a load of fishing lures 1000 miles costs the lure company an extra 450 bucks now. Wonder why that X rap is a couple of buck more than last year,well now you know. Ive seen some great ideas here. Too bad our members arent the ones making the laws, we might just get somewhere. :thumbup:

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Playa's being the people that make money making gas and game being the society we have developed that make the playa's rich. 8) :thumbup:
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

One thing is certain, or several.

Govt will get bigger, and what govt gives it must first take.
Taxes will increase.
Our standard of living in this country will decline, soon and probably exponentially.
Credit is in the process of drying up, this due to massive banking failures coming up.
Our GDP counts consumer spending as part of product, and it is driven by credit.

The dollar is being shunned globally. It will soon NOT be the petro-dollar.
INFLATION will shock most folks this year. Thank You helicopter Ben.

What Ross Perot warned about is what we are now seeing come to fruition.

Economically we are toast. :smt006
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Chalk wrote:Playa's being the people that make money making gas and game being the society we have developed that make the playa's rich. 8) :thumbup:
Feelin ya now bud. :thumbup: Youre 100% correct. We are an extremely spoiled society, but hell thats why everyone wants to live in the US!!!

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
BAD BEHAVIOR
Site Sponsor

Post by BAD BEHAVIOR »

Redbelly wrote:One thing is certain, or several.

Govt will get bigger, and what govt gives it must first take.
Taxes will increase.
Our standard of living in this country will decline, soon and probably exponentially.
Credit is in the process of drying up, this due to massive banking failures coming up.
Our GDP counts consumer spending as part of product, and it is driven by credit.

The dollar is being shunned globally. It will soon NOT be the petro-dollar.
INFLATION will shock most folks this year. Thank You helicopter Ben.

What Ross Perot warned about is what we are now seeing come to fruition.

Economically we are toast. :smt006
Pretty bleak outlook there Red, TRUE, but bleak. I liked that big earred fuggar!! And I, like you, thought what he said made sense. Excuse my ignorance, who is helicopter Ben???

TEAM BAD BEHAVIOR
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

BAD BEHAVIOR wrote: Pretty bleak outlook there Red, TRUE, but bleak. I liked that big earred fuggar!! And I, like you, thought what he said made sense. Excuse my ignorance, who is helicopter Ben???
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Bernanke" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.