Well, bend over

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Tennessee

Re: Well, bend over

Post by Tennessee »

MudDucker wrote:
Tennessee wrote:Mudducker maybe if you guys in Valdosta would hand a kid a book instead of a football when they were born we would not be having this conversation, ...
Now aren't you the smartazz. They get both. However, for some of them, their only desire and hope is a football. Liberals always seem to want to generalize certain classes of folks so that they can claim they are oppressed. :smt011
So I am a liberal, interesting. Well I guess Reagan was too, I will take that as a compliment. Duck this may scare you but as a Head football Coach I lost one of my trainers to Valdosta. I new that comment would get you
:lol:
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Tennessee wrote:Duck this may scare you but as a Head football Coach I lost one of my trainers to Valdosta. I new that comment would get you :lol:
Don't happen to also teach English, do you? :wink:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Tennessee wrote:
MudDucker wrote:
Tennessee wrote:Mudducker maybe if you guys in Valdosta would hand a kid a book instead of a football when they were born we would not be having this conversation, ...
Now aren't you the smartazz. They get both. However, for some of them, their only desire and hope is a football. Liberals always seem to want to generalize certain classes of folks so that they can claim they are oppressed. :smt011
So I am a liberal, interesting. Well I guess Reagan was too, I will take that as a compliment. Duck this may scare you but as a Head football Coach I lost one of my trainers to Valdosta. I new that comment would get you
If you can show me where you quoted Reagan, I will admit a mistake was made. I was and am a BIG Reagan fan and what you spew when you reply to these messages ain't got nothing to do with Reagan. Nice try at a smoke screen. Bet you like the play action pass too.

You comment didn't get to me, I just love correcting ignorance. :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Tennessee

Post by Tennessee »

MudDucker wrote:
Tennessee wrote:
MudDucker wrote:
If you can show me where you quoted Reagan, I will admit a mistake was made. I was and am a BIG Reagan fan and what you spew when you reply to these messages ain't got nothing to do with Reagan. Nice try at a smoke screen. Bet you like the play action pass too.

You comment didn't get to me, I just love correcting ignorance. :smt005
Well we finally agree on something, we both are a fan of Reagan. Since I am a ignorant smartazz, I would like to know how you would try to fix the economy.
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Tennessee wrote:Since I am a ignorant smartazz, I would like to know how you would try to fix the economy.
Granted you didn't ask me but I'll throw my 2 cents in and call it a day.
If you want middle America, the back bone of this country, to spend money then stop letting CNN tell me very hour on the hour how horrible it is out there. Stop trying to save people's homes that got in too deep and let them rent or lease or live in a box for all I care. I live within my means and expect others to as well. If you don't or can't then DO NOT reach your hand into my pocket and try to take what I've worked hard to achieve and make. Do it and you'll draw back a bloody wrist.
Make the middle man feel good about spending his money and make him feel good about his success.
You want to help the economy, don't give all of this money to the people that screwed it all up. Give t the working family. You want GM to come outta the gutter? Take the same money we gave them and let the little man catch a break every now and then. I mean hell, if we're just making the numbers up, send me and you some free cash. I promise I'll SPEND my part. We're the only ones that can fix this and instead we are bombarded everyday that we should horde every last penny we have because tomorrow is gonna be worse.
In the words of the great Doc Holliday, "I'll be your huckleberry"
Tennessee

Post by Tennessee »

Are you talking about middle class tax cuts, if you are I am right there with you. People spend money jobs will be created. Increase unemployment benifits, tax breaks to employers for trainning unskilled workers. Remember JTPA under Reagan. What else? How about investing in renewable energy? More efficient mass transit? Those things create jobs, attract business, and make us more competitive as a nation. TVA in my area has proven that. Another thing you mentioned, consumer confidence agree there as well. As far as giving, I think the government is making loans to those companies, not giving. Like you I don't know how far we should go with that, although alot of jobs at stake there. Anybody else?
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

Tennessee wrote:Are you talking about middle class tax cuts, if you are I am right there with you. People spend money jobs will be created. Increase unemployment benifits, tax breaks to employers for trainning unskilled workers. Remember JTPA under Reagan. What else? How about investing in renewable energy? More efficient mass transit? Those things create jobs, attract business, and make us more competitive as a nation. TVA in my area has proven that. Another thing you mentioned, consumer confidence agree there as well. As far as giving, I think the government is making loans to those companies, not giving. Like you I don't know how far we should go with that, although alot of jobs at stake there. Anybody else?
I was 8 yrs old when Bush was elected, so to answer that, I haven't the foggiest idea.
The company I work for is large into the renewable energy field but Obrotha (or Nancy or whoever is pulling his strings) has cut funding there. That is a fact, I sit in on those meetings once or twice a week.
Come on now, mass transit would be a nightmare in this part of the country. Granted it works fine in large cities but down here it would wasted, so you're right we'll probably get it.
There is no way they are loaning that much money. AIG for example has gotten close to $30 billion and at its best is worth a $1 billion. I guess they asked really nicely but you find me a bank willing to do that, I would like a new boat.
Tennessee

Post by Tennessee »

To all these institutions, it is called open market operations, it is a way of taking money out or putting money into the banking system. Fed buys bonds from banks, banks loan the money. Our government is not giving money away. I am going to give you guys the hinge. Unless these banks are willing to lend money to people like you and I, that our responsible and have good credit they should not be bailed out. If we loan money to these banks and they buy treasury bonds and a safe and higher interest rate it will not help the situation we are in. We went through this same thing during the great depression. We had no idea about monetary policy. Now we do. Reel Cowboy, you have reversed course in our converstion. You are right they are not loaning that much money, it is money avaliable over time. Give this guy a chance, unless you folks just really want to fall apart, and if that is the case then we are doomed. Look up the Financial service act of 1999, and see who all sent that to Clinton reversing a policy that Roosevelt put in place in 1933. Bush could have steped in but did not. sometimes you feed rope and they hang themselves. I am so darn tired of this party politics. Anyway I am coming down there next Monday.
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Tennessee wrote: I am coming down there next Monday.
Is that a threat to Reel Cowboy and MudDucker? :lol:
Team Jolly Mon
Reel Cowboy
Site Sponsor

Post by Reel Cowboy »

I'm not reversing just trying to get with the program.
It's what we've got & ain't going nothing "change" but the financial future of every 5 & 6 year old kid. I think I'll fix another drink so my company doesn't get anything productive out of me.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

You fix this mess by LEAVING more money in the pockets of the folks who create jobs and not by declaring class warfare. Give tax breaks, but more importantly give tax credits for job creation. Drop the length of time to depreciate new construction real estate versus used or pre-existing real estate. Quadruple the level at which alternative minimum tax cuts in and exempt from the calculation the tax code changes made to stimulate the economy. Most folks don't realize what a problem this tax has been with the economy the last 8 years. It encourages folks to only invest in stocks & bonds and not real estate and business start ups. Get rid of mark to market to free up banks' capital and lending ability.

Next, you start ferreting out the greedy bastards who got us into this mess starting with the mortgage lenders/brokers who helped and encouraged mortgage application fraud and then you jump on the azz of the CDO boys who packaged junk and wrapped it in freezer paper. Speeding up some infrastructure spending by government is not a bad idea.

Cut all of the crap out of the federal government. Nancy Pelosi's damned swamp mouse isn't going to help anyone. Veto the "pork" bill being sold as a budget.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!