SPEED TRAP IN CARRABELLE

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

reelbad

Re: SPEED TRAP IN CARRABELLE

Post by reelbad »

This is getting to be like who shot JR. :pop_1 :beer:
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Jumptrout51 wrote:
Tidedancer wrote:
beekeeper wrote:he reads this Forum
Interesting. Who is he?
Something tells me it is beekeeper.
Well if the new hot shot speed trap cop is reading and posting on this forum and hiding behind his forum name and not owning up to who he, is only confirms what we think of him and his attack on the citizens of Carrabelle.

If he thinks he is doing the right thing in harassing the public with his hide and seek speed traps then let him speak up and defend what he is doing.

Not only is this forum talking about this new unwanted civil servant the folks all over town are talking about him and the citizens of Carrabelle think he is not welcome here and with this kind of behavior he will be gone soon.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

"TO SERVE AND PROTECT"
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Y'ALL ARE JUST A BUNCH OF MEANIES!!!!!!! :evil: :smt004 :beer: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

WALDO, DIDN'T YA SAY YA JUST GOT A NEW JOB. HA HA HA HA
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Reminds me of about 10 years ago here in Thomasville, they changed a speed limit from 45 to 35 on a well traveled road into town. This young cop set up to clock folks coming down a hill! As soon as they hit 46, blue lights and a ticket!

Funny thing was that the judge threw out all the tickets he wrote that first few weeks....

I also remember a couple of years ago, I was on I-10 in Tallahassee near capital circle west. I was doing around 76 mph. Yes, I was over the limit. But what happened next totally shocked me. A FHP trooper came around me, pulled in front of me and hit his brakes hard! I almost hit him.

I have some close friends in Law Enforcement, and I respect them, but these kind of cops need to be off the force ASAP!

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

Dubble Trubble wrote:I was doing around 76 mph. Yes, I was over the limit. But what happened next totally shocked me. A FHP trooper came around me, pulled in front of me and hit his brakes hard! I almost hit him.
You're lucky that's all you got doing 31 (I believe) over the posted limit....

Bailey :beer:
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Bailey wrote:
Dubble Trubble wrote:I was doing around 76 mph. Yes, I was over the limit. But what happened next totally shocked me. A FHP trooper came around me, pulled in front of me and hit his brakes hard! I almost hit him.
You're lucky that's all you got doing 31 (I believe) over the posted limit....

76 - 65 - 11 over in my book. I was in a 65 mph zone. I said I was on I-10, NOT cap circle....

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Bailey

Post by Bailey »

My mistake/apologies... :thumbup:

beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

he's not going anywhere, complaining only = more tickets written. Don't speed
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

beekeeper wrote:he's not going anywhere, complaining only = more tickets written. Don't speed
I did not know LE officers performed their duties based upon revenge and retaliation. Interesting.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Jumptrout51 wrote:
beekeeper wrote:he's not going anywhere, complaining only = more tickets written. Don't speed
I did not know LE officers performed their duties based upon revenge and retaliation. Interesting.
:o Yes very interesting !
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

Jumptrout51 wrote:

your sending a signal his efforts are effective
DeanMac

Post by DeanMac »

I own property in Carrabelle and know alot of other folks that do, who live there full time.

No one whats a Barney Fife on the police force.

AS far as not going anywhere, sounds like some famous last words to me. I will start making phone calls ASAP.
Take a kid hunting or fishing and you will be rewarded.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

The way I interpret these post isn't about "effective" law enforcement. It is about "knee-jerk" law enforcement.
A community of 1300 that depends on visitor cash flow to survive can not afford to alienate visitors.
The majority of local residents certainly can not afford a speeding ticket.
I am not condoning speeding or the breaking of any law,but there are better and more friendly ways to make revenue for the city.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?