Close Airboats

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Re: Close Airboats

Post by captkeyser »

Jumptrout51 wrote:Next time make the cast. If the teens do not learn respect early in life,they will act just like the idiot.
All talk. :roll:
kgarner1

Post by kgarner1 »

Just settle it at the ramp the old fashioned way... and then drink a beer.
Perch Jerker
Site Sponsor

Post by Perch Jerker »

:lol:
DEMON wrote:Well said rockyg. And those airboats are really annoying, aren't they?
ced0412

Post by ced0412 »

Airboats are inherently annoying and obnoxious, add in a go anywhere attitude on the driver and fishing in their territory is never fun.

One good thing about them is they really don't disturb the fish and water too much from what I used to witness kayaking at Econfina.

Either way, any type of watercraft too close while your fishing is disrespectful and irritating.
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

I simply HATE the noise pollution. I go fishing to escape the sounds of the city. When I am on the flats 5 miles east of the lighthouse, on a week day, I enjoy that "Country-Quiet" or "peace". On any given weekend I can hear air boats from miles away, I've even seen FWC using air boats (just one more reason I don't particularly like FWC, I figure they have to have them to ride heard on private air-boaters) I'll never own one.

HATE ALL THE NOISE :smt012
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Saw one drive up on to the mud/grass to fish a point. Sat there for all of 5 minutes and motored off. Me and my fishing partners prayer that he get stuck there was not answered. We were gonna wave and drive off. had one run right by us in a 14' jon boat and he had plenty of room to go by us, but came a lot closer than he needed to for any boat, let alone an airboat.

With all that being said, I ain't gonna teach them anything their Momma or Daddy did not teach them, even with a well placed treble hook or an arse whipping. I just figure some folks were not raised right and don't worry much about it. I have had a small jon run into my oyster ball hole just to mess with me, a bayboat run between me and the school of fish we were working over and a jet ski get in front of my drift by about 75 yards with a whole gulf full of space. You don't have to be an airboater to be an idjit, it just happens you are a louder one.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
riverred

Post by riverred »

I like to throw a Zara Spook at air boats. I wish he would stop so i could board his boat and discuss his rudeness. :evil: