Where do we go from here

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Re: Where do we go from here

Post by onefishtwofish »

Salty,

I will comply with the letter of the law. I only fish one tourney a year and may just quit doing that, as I will not be on equal footing with other participants, from the sound of things. The laws are meant for me, just like everyone else. I need to be able to sleep when I lay my head down at night and my price for selling my morals is much higher than $2500 (for the record, I believed then and think the guys fishing did too, that they did nothing wrong-I woould have dont the same thing they did, I did not know better-I interpreted harvest as the act of putting the fish in the box, not catching it). I now believe it was wrong and I won't do it. At this year's RTS, we caught a just under 6# red and put him in the box. Caught a 19 3/4" trout and put it in the box (livewell). Caught a 21" trout and said a 3 lb trout was not gonna win anything and turned it loose, hoping for a better one. We caught more fish but did not upgrade either species so we went home and did not weigh (we called as asked).

I have turned so many trout back over the last few years, under and over, that I would not feel the least bit guilty on weighing a nice trout for a tournament. I do not keep over 20s unless mortally injured. I have 10-15 pictures on my computer of me releasing over 20s.

If someone doesn't want to harm ANY fish, stay home. I will buy your boat and tackle at a significant discount. :smt005 :thumbup: salute3
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
JCC

Post by JCC »

Just saying. The rtso was billed as a "team" event. 4 members max per team. Each "team" could weigh one trout and one red. That's what it said. I'm just pointing out one part of the other side of the argument. If Fwc checks a boat and finds 2 fishermen with 7 trout, and doesn't ask who caught what, then why worry over it. It's just not important. Otherwise, just check every cooler on every boat. Maybe you find a just under sea bass,etc. devils advocate here.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

JCC wrote:Just saying. The rtso was billed as a "team" event. 4 members max per team. Each "team" could weigh one trout and one red. That's what it said. I'm just pointing out one part of the other side of the argument. If Fwc checks a boat and finds 2 fishermen with 7 trout, and doesn't ask who caught what, then why worry over it. It's just not important. Otherwise, just check every cooler on every boat. Maybe you find a just under sea bass,etc. devils advocate here.
So you are OK with saying "team" events exceed Florida State Fishing Regulations ?? Why can't you just read, and possibly(?) understand what the law say's ???????????????????????
JCC

Post by JCC »

The law has a hole in it a mile wide. The way I fish, I run into that hole all the time. I take myself and 3 licensed persons on board. I set up trolling. Rods, spoons, jigs, etc. fish hits and is caught. Someone grabs rod and reels to boat. I net and bring into boat. Who caught the fish? How many can we legally keep fishing that way? Answer that for me? And quit yelling.

Since I apparently lack understanding, surely you will enlighten me.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

All i can say is "read the rules" it is very simple, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand them, or consider why they are writen. Exceeding the limits as you so stated only reduces the future of our fisheries! I think it is sad that "so called" sportsfisher people can violate the law openly and then BRAG on it!! The law is writen to assure future generations the ability to catch fish and enjoy it like our present generation, the only law with a hole in it is in your head, but from your post -- you could care less about conservation. Please read the laws and follow them. "On your boat" means very little to a kid fishing 30 years from now, just hoping to get a hit?? Some will blow this post out of proportion and say boat limits, should exceed personnel limits, but if that is the case, get them changed! They are "in effect" for a reason.....
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

It does not matter what is going on, a tournament or just a family out for a day of relaxing and fishing. As long as all aboard have license, they may keep if they choose to do so a legal limit of fish per person. Five trout 15 to 20 inches with one of the five being over 20 inches for each angler. Two red fish 18 to 27 inches per angler. The FWC officer is not going to ask who caught which fish and is not going to issue a citation as long as there is no illegal fish on board.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Thusly enlightened by being told I have a hole in my head, I'm still waiting to hear whether 4 licensed fishermen trolling are limited to a one man limit. Tuna deftly avoided that one.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Charlie, that is complete BS about the fisheries. It is a miniscule percent of the kept fish over the course of a year. Argue the ethics of it all you want and I will not argue with you on that, but it is not a numbers issue. Most of the poeple that are saying they would do what was done do not otherwise keep ANY trout over 20", but maybe you can't hear them from your soapbox. Step down and comprehnd what you read.

The consensus to me seems to be "cheat or be at a disadvantage". Is that right?
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

i just wanna know when we can get back to talking about fishing .the fishing is good out there mr tuna and people havent changed their way of fishing to get their limits.i talked to a game warden the other day and he says the same he isn't gonna ask who caught what if there is the right amount of people on the boat unless someone is unable to fish .with that being said can we get back to fishing and the arguing lay this is getting very old!!!!!!!!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

charlie tuna wrote: Exceeding the limits as you so stated only reduces the future of our fisheries! I think it is sad that "so called" sportsfisher people can violate the law openly and then BRAG on it!! The law is writen to assure future generations the ability to catch fish and enjoy it like our present generation, the only law with a hole in it is in your head, but from your post -- you could care less about conservation.

BULL MANURE, the current regulations have little or nothing to do with conservation. Please show me where there is CURRENT scientific research backing up limits. You know what, you can't, so you know what you can do with your sanctimonious crap talk about future generations. I'll bet when the IRS calls you and tell you that they are here to help you that you believe that too! :smt011
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

Wow...
Team Jolly Mon
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

Flint River Pirate wrote:Wow...
Ditto that FRP - Move on and drop this topic as it seems to be a opinion magnet. Nest, lets go back to fishing and catching. :thumbup:
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Here is a tip for you...
Tin Foil Ball: Replace Dryer Sheets Permanently
Instead of using a dryer sheet ball up one or a few sheets of tin foil and toss it in the dryer. It removes the static electricity from your clothes and one can last up to a year.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

You guys do know if you don't like the thread or the discussion, you can not read it. Right?

I am not mad and Tuna is just stating his opinions. Nothing wrong with a heated discussion as long as it does not get personal.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Yeah, some of us like to argue (or listen to others do it). 8-)

Fishin' is the mission.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.