what am i up against: Update

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Re: what am i up against

Post by wevans »

He seems mighty pleased with it in this pic!! And I'll be honest about it, if the first thing someone says to me is that they are gonna get a lawyer after me, I say BRING IT ON BUBBA!!!!! Don't post up pics bragging on something and then try to get your money back from the fella who sold you a danged good deal.

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

I did notice on the other thread he had TWO on board battery chargers go out and got them replaced.
NoleFear

Post by NoleFear »

I think you are off the hook. Take a look at page 25. Below is the post :lol:
Badbagger
Post subject: Badbaggers SeaArk 1872 Modification & Restoration Project

PostPosted: 05 May 2013, 16:37

No pics today, just got done with a 5 hour day out there after working 8 hours. Finished with the help of a friend on this forum mbweimer, I finished up the electrical under the console and rewiring the TM plug. Connected both battery chargers and the leads from the 24V system and mounted up the trolling motor and then rewired the new TM plug. I buttoned up everything electrical wise and wrapped up the wiring with my best friend zip ties. Fortunately for me, everything works like it should or I'd be back to square one... but the TM fired up without issues as did the battery chargers etc. Once that was done, time to start rewiring the trailer. I needed better lights so I got the new lights mounted up and wired. The original lights had seen there better day. I don't like the way the trailer is wired and I'm saving a total trailer rewire for another day. None the less, lots done and I'm shooting to run the boat down to the marina on Thursday to mount the engine. I've got another 10 or 12 hours of work before I am at that point but weather permitting, I should be good to go. Still a few more things to order like some cable clams for the wiring on my Garmin and Lowrance etc. So ends another day at the ranch and getting much closer.

Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

NoleFear, you are the man my man!!! i completely read right over that. i believe i owe you one Nole. i appreciate it!

and that was posted May 5th......
TLB2

Post by TLB2 »

What you do and say today ...can come back and bite your azz tomorrow. :D Im glad you found the post where it worked may 5. I would walk away.
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

Great find Nole
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Battery chargers and TM worked fine on the 5th, then a few weeks later he is saying that both battery chargers are not working, then he informs you that the TM is not working! Sounds like a direct to ground short took out everything to me!!
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
WolfeMan
Site Sponsor

Post by WolfeMan »

The internet is awesome. I have to remember though, this guy isn't here to defend himself, so everybody piling on probably isn't the kindest thing to do. I'm glad folks were able to help our friend here out though.
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

Yeah guys, I appreciate all the answers and Nole for the Find. Think this one will just under the rug and we can all get back to fishing now! If he thinks he's still in the right, then he can comment anytime he wants. But I haven't heard from him since Friday. :smt004
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Re: what am i up against: Update

Post by dombern34 »

just an update: finally received a reply back from the gentleman, after everything being brought to his attention. it seems he's still insisting on taking this to court. if and when this day comes I'll post the outcome.
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

With copies of his posts here on the forum, he can only look like a fool in court.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

How many people have said, " I'm gonna take your azz to court!"? :twisted: How many have heard it said to you? :-o How many times did it actually happen? :shock:

For me the answers are, respectively, quite a few, once or twice, and never.

It make you feel a little better to think you will keep the other party up at night worrying. But threat of small claims court is usually a bluff. :cool:

Fishin' is the mission.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
slowroller
Site Sponsor

Post by slowroller »

Sounds like a waste of time after the reading I did. Trolling motor and two chargers?? Coincidence,hmmm??Bad wiring job, maybe.Good luck, hope it passes quietly.
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

I'd be done talking to the dude now. Sounds like you have gone above and beyond.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

Yeah, in the beginning of all of this I suggested a few things to try to make sure the motor worked or didn't, he said he tripled check everything and it wasn't working. He asked for his money back and got upset when I said no.... I’ve tried working this out with him and he just keeps insisting we take this to court. Even after he's seen this post and pictures, I guess he knows something I don't but whatever, I haven't lost any sleep over it and don't plan on it.