Only a few more weeks.

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Only a few more weeks.

Post by MudDucker »

Definitely not going this weekend. I've got to bury my mother in law Sunday. Y'all be safe and wear them out.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

Sorry MD. Honestly it wasn't bad out today, but it could all change tomorrow. I believe it will be tamer with the season moved up and not so close to the 4th. Saturday will be busy but I was just riding around an hour ago and there is not the evening push of boats like you usually see. Scallops are not in the shallows that's for sure. Going to have to dive for them tomorrow. I was going to hop in in about 9 foot to see if I could find any and had a big shark blow up my popping cork, that cooled me off on the idea. I was by myself today and looks like I will be tomorrow, I'm just not keen on getting out of the boat by myself in deep water so I'll probably just fish and hang out at grassy. Trout bite has been good at least.
flatsbroke22

Post by flatsbroke22 »

saw your IG. Some nice trout! What depth did you find those in?
2002 Pathfinder 2200v ‘21 200 Suzuki
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

flatsbroke22 wrote:saw your IG. Some nice trout! What depth did you find those in?
About 9-10 foot. Those were just when I had my phone in my pocket and not playing music. I probably caught 15 keeper sized and three over twenty in a few hours, I've had the same little area of water producing like crazy for two weeks. Trying to be good to it and put back everything when I don't have clients.
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Jinxed myself only caught two this morning but it was rough as a cobb out there and I gave up pretty easy. Did find some shallow water scallops though. They are not thick yet like the past couple of years.
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

I was treated to a trip yesterday and we caught plenty of fish but only 2 scallops. Meanwhile the radio was blowing up with confused scallop hunters. I'd never not seen any scallops where we were, including all the times my friend took me spearing mullet in much deeper water back in the day.