Need a little Forum help

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Only one replacement per customer. So if you have more bad luck your on your own. :o Just kiding new one will be good. :-D
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

Wevans wrote:
From my understanding, they plan to disect it to discover why the problem arose, so they can correct it "if it is indeed a defect of some sort
I hope they share their findings with you. I'd be interested in hearing what they find. You mentioned pin holes before. Did you actually see them, how many, location, etc?? Haven't expressed an opinion before but the possibility of some sort of electrolysis keeps coming to mind. Could just be some sort of material defect as well. The problems with the weld though....that's a whole nother story!
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

EJ, we suspect that salt water somehow got trapped in the transom/fuel tank filler area and slowly eat it's way through. The pin holes are on the left hand side of the transom, above the water line.

Tom, I think the fact that I fished the boat 2 and 3 times a week "many times in a heavy chop" is what caused the cracks :o I just used the boat a whole lot more than the majority of folks do :-D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Well, it was WhooooooPeeeeeeeee for just a little while :o Mikey was pizzed about me posting on the forum "asking for an assist" so I was told "by him" that he wished he had just patched the boat and sent me out the door with it and then threatened with a law suit :evil: BEFORE I even got the replacement boat :thumbdown: I picked up the boat on Friday "he told the wife it was ready" and TRIED TO APOLOGIZE FOR OUR MISUNDERSTANDING", he just said "YA WELL" and turned away from me :evil: so I hook up to the boat totally pizzed and come home "with all of my accessories in a box IN THE BOAT" ! Decided to just sale the danged thing, but, had ordered some parts from them before all this and went by yesterday to get them :hammer: was told they did not have the parts and before I could ask about the fact that they had not put anything but the motor " not water tested" back on the boat, I was told to "LEAVE MIKE'S MARINE PROPERTY" :smt014 I now have a boat with 7 1/2 years warranty, and no place in our area to take it :o at least we do have other Yammy dealers in the area for the motor warranty :thumbup: I have contacted G3 about this matter!!
PS: Mikey is reading and printing out all of these post "don't understand the printing out" and I would not mind one bit if he would care to join the forum and add to this thread :beer: :beer: I really wish things had turned out differently :smt011
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

Wevans- Is this correct?

You have: new hull, old motor, electronics and other accessories in a box in the new hull
Atticus
Site Sponsor

Post by Atticus »

Forget about my questions Wevans I just saw the ad in the for sale section
Fish Masterson
Site Sponsor

Post by Fish Masterson »

Thanks for the update Wevans, and I'm sorry about the experience you had. I just crossed Mike's off of my list for future business, and will tell all of my friends. That is, unless he cares to post his side of the story here, and it turns out to be a misunderstanding, as you said he would be reading.
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Since Mike is being a jerk about this whole thing. I think it is your DUTY to report this issue to the Chamber of Commerce and report this Dealer so when new home owners come into the forgotten coast area and check to see who is an upstanding marine dealer in the area to buy a boat from. They will not go to his dealership. When they read how he takes care of his problems.

I would hate to know someone in my family would retire to the coast and then buy a boat for their retirement and then have someone like Mike to take care of them. NO THANKS.