SPEED TRAP IN CARRABELLE

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DeanMac

Re: SPEED TRAP IN CARRABELLE

Post by DeanMac »

Knock on Wood, I have gotten one speeding ticket in the last 20 years. That one came from a speed trap in Lumpkin GA, after the fact I found all kinds of info online about the place being a speed trap. Short story, rural 4 lane with no commerical activity on the 4 lane, speed limits goes from 65 to 45 in a small area the town of Lumpkin annexed into the city. I was clocked going 64, my vehicle was on cruise control. They had two cars working the site, no discussion they were their to write tickets. I actually was talking to the family and really did not notice the speed limit signs changed.
I think my fine was about $200,

Did I feel ripped off? YES

Will I ever spend a single cent in that County? NO

Will I tell everyone I can? YES

Do I want folks to feel the same way about Carrablle? NO
Take a kid hunting or fishing and you will be rewarded.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

DeanMac wrote:Knock on Wood, I have gotten one speeding ticket in the last 20 years. That one came from a speed trap in Lumpkin GA, after the fact I found all kinds of info online about the place being a speed trap. Short story, rural 4 lane with no commerical activity on the 4 lane, speed limits goes from 65 to 45 in a small area the town of Lumpkin annexed into the city. I was clocked going 64, my vehicle was on cruise control. They had two cars working the site, no discussion they were their to write tickets. I actually was talking to the family and really did not notice the speed limit signs changed.

Do I want folks to feel the same way about Carrabelle? NO
I know the exact spot you are talking about. Should not even be in the city limits of Lumpkin!

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

DeanMac wrote:Knock on Wood, I have gotten one speeding ticket in the last 20 years. That one came from a speed trap in Lumpkin GA, after the fact I found all kinds of info online about the place being a speed trap. Short story, rural 4 lane with no commerical activity on the 4 lane, speed limits goes from 65 to 45 in a small area the town of Lumpkin annexed into the city. I was clocked going 64, my vehicle was on cruise control. They had two cars working the site, no discussion they were their to write tickets. I actually was talking to the family and really did not notice the speed limit signs changed.

Do I want folks to feel the same way about Carrablle? NO

Got pulled over there a few years back coming home from Atlanta after watching the Noles lose to Georgia Tech (about 3 or 4 years ago). Here's some irony, I was on the phone with a FHP buddy of mine who went to the game with us as well, albeit in seperate cars. We had gotten seperated that day and he was calling to make sure he was taking the right route back home (as he is used to the 75 trek). Talking on the phone and I forgot about the speed trap there (I travelled that road for a few years going back and forth from Wakulla to south Atlanta and KNEW to slow down there). Anyways, when I saw the blue lights coming, I knew what had happened, I pulled wayyy off the road into an area where we both could park safely, I rolled down my window and had both my license and insurance card available and then greeted him kindly. I guess he must of appreciated this as he let me off with just a warning. I suspect I was one of the few they ever let off.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
JCC

Post by JCC »

Lumpkin is on my route to Florida. It has gotten somewhat better. Stanley didn't agree with me passing a truck pulling an unlighted trailer (at night) with a four wheeler, at maybe 25 mph. Stanley has since moved on and is no longer with the force.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Did Stanley move to Carrabelle?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

:smt005 Sounds like he did
Sea Dawg
Site Sponsor

Post by Sea Dawg »

im sure this dog and pony show has been rode long enough so let go back to fishing and tell how the fishing has been
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

Sea Dawg wrote:im sure this dog and pony show has been rode long enough so let go back to fishing and tell how the fishing has been

Whiting in the surf? off DI?
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

beekeeper wrote:
Sea Dawg wrote:im sure this dog and pony show has been rode long enough so let go back to fishing and tell how the fishing has been

Launch at Lanark. No sense spending money in Carrabelle when they have a rookie with a radar gun.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
DeanMac

Post by DeanMac »

I was told yesterday that Barney is bragging around town that he his going to break the all time record for most tickets in a year.

I also heard his actions are not directed by the mayor of city council.

I wish he would ride the streets more to keep everything that is not nailed down at my house from walking off.
Take a kid hunting or fishing and you will be rewarded.
beekeeper

Post by beekeeper »

Jumptrout51 wrote:
beekeeper wrote:

Launch at Lanark. No sense spending money in Carrabelle when they have a rookie with a radar gun.
That is my ramp