kastking

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FishWithChris

Re: kastking

Post by FishWithChris »

Maybe NFGFC will get a couple of these reels as giveaways :lol: :lol: :lol:

We could do a $5 wildcard draw. $5 a card, 15 cards sold. $50 of it will buy the reel, $25 will go towards a gift card to Jim's Reel Repair since you'll probably need it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just trolling at this point.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

Looking forward to the caged oyster bar grudge match !!! :lol: :beer: :hammer:
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

I'm not asking anyone to try one of these Kastkings ....just stating what I'm discovering as I try out the one I bought...
I had only chunked it in one of the pastures to determine if it had the distance my Stradics had.. it did and more... today I tried it out in the catfish pond with the same 1/4 oz swim bait attached.. I'm officially endorsing Kastking as of today. Caught 3 hybrid bass in the 4-5 lb category with it. The second one broke the rod in half.. (must have been a defect in the rod) The drag is extremely strong and smooth and as I already said, it casts further than my $175. Stradics. I may be switching afterall. :hammer:
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Well put BBG, GN you are hilarious :smt005. Juan, I know you, fished with you, and believe you 100%. You know what's up for sure. It's almost incomprehensible that they could make a decent reel that cheap. I saw they do have a few models. On up yo $80 I think. I hope they hold up for you. Keep us posted with an occasional update after 10-15 saltwater trips. And holler next time your down this way, I'd like to fish again sooner than later :beer:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Salty Gator wrote:Well put BBG, GN you are hilarious :smt005. Juan, I know you, fished with you, and believe you 100%. You know what's up for sure. It's almost incomprehensible that they could make a decent reel that cheap. I saw they do have a few models. On up yo $80 I think. I hope they hold up for you. Keep us posted with an occasional update after 10-15 saltwater trips. And holler next time your down this way, I'd like to fish again sooner than later :beer:
I find it hard to believe too SG. At this point I actually think they priced these things too low. Makes people who have experience with popular and dependable reels very skeptical because of the cheap price. The jury is still out but this may be one of those rare times you actually get more than you pay for. I just ordered one of their baitcasters (Kastking Assassin). I'll post an opinion on that one too when it arrives and I'll certainly holler the next time I fish your way. You do the same if you're up this way. :beer:
2Salty

Post by 2Salty »

galantnole wrote:...$25 will go towards a gift card to Jim's Reel Repair since you'll probably need it...
With this exchange/return and warranty policy don't think a $25 reel repair gift card will be needed:

Eposeidon Return & Exchange Policy

At Eposeidon, we are committed to 100% customer satisfaction.

We offer a “no hassle” return policy. If you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days of delivery.

All merchandise returned should be unused and in original sellable condition. Product that has been used is not refundable and cannot be exchanged.

To verify your return requests, please contact Return Service at service@eposeidon.com or Live Chat

We will create a return authorization for you and send you an e-mail with instructions on how to complete the return.

After we receive and inspect the returned product(s), credit will be refunded back to your credit card.

We’re sorry that we are unable to cover the return shipping costs. Shipping back expense will not be refunded unless an error occurred on our part in the shipment of your order.

All non-Eposeidon brand rods and reels that are covered by the manufacturer's warranty should be returned to the manufacturer for replacement or repair after 30 days.

KastKing & Ecooda Reels Warranty

KastKing & Ecooda reels are warranted for a period of one (1) year from date of original retail purchase against defects in workmanship and/or materials. If the warrantied products are defective in workmanship and/or materials, you can simply give us a call or email us and send the defective product back. Your order number, date of purchase, and where you bought the product must accompany all warranty claims. The shipping costs will be reimbursed. If the warranty expires or there are violations to the warranty, the customers may fix their defective product for a repair cost plus the shipping cost. The warranty will be void if:

There are additions made or alteration to the product.
Abuse of the product.
Accidental damage or loss of the product.
Misuse of the product.
Normal expected wear.
Commercial or rental use.
Failed to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance: improper care.

SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU

REELS OUT OF WARRANTY:

Even when your reel is no longer under warranty, we are here to help. Reels out of the warranty period may be shipped back to the Eposeidon.

OUT OF WARRANTY PRICING:

All KastKing & Ecooda reels = $15.00 + parts

http://www.eposeidon.com/return-exchange/
bman

Post by bman »

Are you on prostaff? How many free reels did you get?

2Salty wrote:
galantnole wrote:...$25 will go towards a gift card to Jim's Reel Repair since you'll probably need it...
With this exchange/return and warranty policy don't think a $25 reel repair gift card will be needed:

Eposeidon Return & Exchange Policy

At Eposeidon, we are committed to 100% customer satisfaction.

We offer a “no hassle” return policy. If you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days of delivery.

All merchandise returned should be unused and in original sellable condition. Product that has been used is not refundable and cannot be exchanged.

To verify your return requests, please contact Return Service at service@eposeidon.com or Live Chat

We will create a return authorization for you and send you an e-mail with instructions on how to complete the return.

After we receive and inspect the returned product(s), credit will be refunded back to your credit card.

We’re sorry that we are unable to cover the return shipping costs. Shipping back expense will not be refunded unless an error occurred on our part in the shipment of your order.

All non-Eposeidon brand rods and reels that are covered by the manufacturer's warranty should be returned to the manufacturer for replacement or repair after 30 days.

KastKing & Ecooda Reels Warranty

KastKing & Ecooda reels are warranted for a period of one (1) year from date of original retail purchase against defects in workmanship and/or materials. If the warrantied products are defective in workmanship and/or materials, you can simply give us a call or email us and send the defective product back. Your order number, date of purchase, and where you bought the product must accompany all warranty claims. The shipping costs will be reimbursed. If the warranty expires or there are violations to the warranty, the customers may fix their defective product for a repair cost plus the shipping cost. The warranty will be void if:

There are additions made or alteration to the product.
Abuse of the product.
Accidental damage or loss of the product.
Misuse of the product.
Normal expected wear.
Commercial or rental use.
Failed to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance: improper care.

SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU

REELS OUT OF WARRANTY:

Even when your reel is no longer under warranty, we are here to help. Reels out of the warranty period may be shipped back to the Eposeidon.

OUT OF WARRANTY PRICING:

All KastKing & Ecooda reels = $15.00 + parts

http://www.eposeidon.com/return-exchange/
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Cranfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Cranfield »

bman wrote:Are you on prostaff? How many free reels did you get?
The thought occurred to me. :D
2Salty

Post by 2Salty »

bman wrote:Are you on prostaff? How many free reels did you get?
No, not on prostaff. No free reels

I've paid for each and every Kastking reel with which I fish. I'm nothing less nothing more than a Kastking customer and user.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Review: New KastKing Sharky II Spinning Reel
This may be the best value spinning reel sold today.
Posted March 21, 2016 in Buyer's Guide, Fishing, Gear, Opinion by Bob McNally
I’ve been using a new KastKing “Sharky II 4000” spinning reel for several months, and I’m stunned at what a high-quality reel it is, particularly for the rock-bottom price of $43. Yes, for well under $50, this saltwater designed, high-end, waterproof spinning reel outperforms almost every reel I’ve tried in the same size and category in recent years.
Some of the best mid-size spinning reels in this class sell for well over $200, and almost all of them go for over $100.
For my money, I’d much rather have a pair of KastKing Sharky II 4000 reels than one of another make, and I’m particular about my tackle, especially for hard-fighting inshore saltwater fish.
Since this winter I’ve put the new Sharky II 4000 through its paces and have been extremely pleased. The reel has battled snook to 10 pounds, redfish to 15 pounds, countless seatrout to 5 pounds, and assorted flounder, bass, sheepshead, and stripers.
The Sharky II hasn’t failed in the least, with flawless drag and no “dead” spots in the retrieve or pick up, and the handle, spool, reel bail and cosmetics (classy black, red, silver and white) are as perfect today as during its first cast.
That says a lot for a reel that’s been knocked around more in my three months testing in saltwater than many anglers would put it through in a year or more.
The Sharky II 4000 weighs just over 11 ounces, has a 5.2:1 gear ratio, and holds 185 yards of 14-pound test monofilament.
My Sharky II is loaded with about 250 yards of 12-pound test braided line, and its 28.5-pound drag capability has been put to the test several times in muscling strong snook from dock pilings, and heavy redfish away from oyster shell cut offs.
Made by Eposidon (phone 855-830-7430; http://www.eposeidon.com) out of Garden Ciy, N.Y., the Sharky II 4000 rocks the light-tackle fishing world in a big way. It’s one of six Sharky II designs available. Other great tackle is sold by Eposidon, too, and more reviews on it and their use will be forthcoming.
http://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/03/21/re ... ning-reel/

Bob McNally has a rich history in the outdoors, hunting and fishing from his earliest youth. Bob has written over 5,000 articles for most all the great outdoor publications, like Outdoor Life, Salt Water Sportsman, Field and Stream, Boy's Life, Bass Master, and Sports Afield. Bob has fished in nearly every state in the U.S. as well as many Canadian providences, Bahamas, Cuba, Europe, and Central and South America. Bob has won many awards for his photos, writing, and broadcast work.
Bob McNally writes the “Outdoors Outlook” column that appears regularly in the Florida Times Union Jacksonville, FL.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

You might as well give up Salty. Most are content with their current brands due to experience and not willing to try something new. You'll never convince the skeptics. Personally, I appreciate the heads up. I didn't expect much but I'm loving the reel. :thumbup:
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

Well guys here is some more news on the new Kastking reel that I ordered last week . The mail lady put the new reel by my door last Friday and someone stole it, It will be replaced for nothing by Amozon but im really wondering if her husband fishes since she has never left anything there before.
2Salty

Post by 2Salty »

JIm Smith wrote:Well guys here is some more news on the new Kastking reel that I ordered last week . The mail lady put the new reel by my door last Friday and someone stole it, It will be replaced for nothing by Amozon but im really wondering if her husband fishes since she has never left anything there before.
..."someone stole it..."? Sorry for your inconvenience and trouble. Ever had any other delivered goods stolen from your door?

Maybe "someone" recognized Kastking on the return address labeling and knew that what was in the box was worth its' value - if not more.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

2Salty wrote:..."someone stole it..."? Sorry for your inconvenience and trouble. Ever had any other delivered goods stolen from your door?

Maybe "someone" recognized Kastking on the return address labeling and knew that what was in the box was worth its' value - if not more.

:lol: Now we know the rest of the story...You're one of those medical marijuana retailers and you've been liberally sampling your wares!

I'm sure Amazon will make it right Jim, but it might be an omen for things to come.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

last Friday was a full moon and it was Friday the 13th
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

add to all that, it is in Gainsville too