kastking

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

2Salty

Re: kastking

Post by 2Salty »

silverking wrote:...Now we know the rest of the story...You're one of those medical marijuana retailers and you've been liberally sampling your wares!...
I have no interest in or use for the stuff for recreational purposes. And thankfully I don't need/use the stuff for medicinal purposes.

FYI strains of marijuana legally and legitimately developed and approved by law (where applicable) for medical application by prescription for cancer, chronic pain, etc. are of low THC content and non-euphoric.

For some affirmed people, "medical marijuana" has been a Blessing.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

A review of their Assassin bait caster will have to wait. I don't know it was me or them, but they sent a left hand model. All I can say at this point is it looks good, it's feather light because of the carbon fiber construction and cranks as smooth as any reel I've ever used. Looking forward to getting the right hand model next week but in the mean time I'll be trying out their spinner tomorrow in the ICW.

EDIT: For the record and in case anyone is considering ordering one of these, don't use Amazon. When you order a right hand model the order changes to a left hand model during check out. I didn't notice that when I ordered and another thing... They're listed on Ebay for a few bucks cheaper and state there are 5 available but if you check their web site, it says they're out of stock.. :smt011
Last edited by Juan on January 16th, 2017, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Juan wrote:A review of their Assassin bait caster will have to wait. I don't know it was me or them, but they sent a left hand model. All I can say at this point is it looks good, it's feather light because of the carbon fiber construction and cranks as smooth as any reel I've ever used. Looking forward to getting the right hand model next week but in the mean time I'll be trying out their spinner tomorrow in the ICW.
I would have probably learned to use a baitcaster if I didn't have to switch hands after each cast. There weren't a lot of left handed reels at southern outdoor sports growing up. Hope it holds up you
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

so.. i ordered a kastking Mela 3000 last week just because for 29.98 no tax or shipping i didn't see the harm. this certainly isn't the first time I've wasted 30 bucks on something

reel came today..

for 30 bucks i would say it's worth it. it will make a great guest reel but it comes NO WHERE CLOSE to the "over priced" brands out there.... again, the saying still stands. you get what you pay for.

it looks good, and the size is pretty accurate but you can feel the difference when you reel it, it's like there's some binding when you hit a certain spot.. Debbie downer at your finest.

this is the more of your cheaper model reel out of the Kasking "lineup" but it looked the best to me. so i tried it. haven't thrown it but i would think all spinning reels throw the same seeing how there isn't resistance on the line coming off the spool as you would have a spool and bearings on a baitcaster. i'm sure it cast fine on any decent rod.

this reel probably won't get used much so i don't think i'll be able to give it a fair durability test for the future. again, great guest reel or a beginners reel for someone who doesn't want to spend a lot of money on a reel.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

I can't speak to any other model but I bought the KastKing Sharky II at $38. I fished with it all day today and it never missed a beat. The line came off the reel smoother, and it casts further than my "over priced" brands. I took three rods with me, and picked up the Stradics twice and immediately went back to throwing the KastKing. Caught a slot red and several trout with it and it worked flawlessly. I don't know how long it will last but right now it's perfect and I can buy 5 of these for the price of one of the others. Performance is most important to me and this one performs far better than I ever expected. Until I find something that works as good or better, the KastKing is now my go to reel and I'll be ordering another.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

Juan wrote:I can't speak to any other model but I bought the KastKing Sharky II at $38. I fished with it all day today and it never missed a beat. The line came off the reel smoother, and it casts further than my "over priced" brands. I took three rods with me, and picked up the Stradics twice and immediately went back to throwing the KastKing. Caught a slot red and several trout with it and it worked flawlessly. I don't know how long it will last but right now it's perfect and I can buy 5 of these for the price of one of the others. Performance is most important to me and this one performs far better than I ever expected. Until I find something that works as good or better, the KastKing is now my go to reel and I'll be ordering another.
yes sir and I can't speak for yours. yours might be a great reel. it's not unbelievable because the one I have isn't far from being nice. I could've gotten a bad egg out of the batch but, I didn't get it for personal use so it's not a big worry of mine at the moment.

a spinning reel is a spinning reel (when it comes to casting), your line should come off the spool just like any other spool. I don't see how it comes off smoother if they are on the same rod and you're using the same line. on the baitcaster I can see it being different because now you have bearings in play.. not trying to be "salty" lol but, would like to better understand this for my own knowledge!
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

dombern34 wrote:
Juan wrote:I can't speak to any other model but I bought the KastKing Sharky II at $38. I fished with it all day today and it never missed a beat. The line came off the reel smoother, and it casts further than my "over priced" brands. I took three rods with me, and picked up the Stradics twice and immediately went back to throwing the KastKing. Caught a slot red and several trout with it and it worked flawlessly. I don't know how long it will last but right now it's perfect and I can buy 5 of these for the price of one of the others. Performance is most important to me and this one performs far better than I ever expected. Until I find something that works as good or better, the KastKing is now my go to reel and I'll be ordering another.
yes sir and I can't speak for yours. yours might be a great reel. it's not unbelievable because the one I have isn't far from being nice. I could've gotten a bad egg out of the batch but, I didn't get it for personal use so it's not a big worry of mine at the moment.

a spinning reel is a spinning reel (when it comes to casting), your line should come off the spool just like any other spool. I don't see how it comes off smoother if they are on the same rod and you're using the same line. on the baitcaster I can see it being different because now you have bearings in play.. not trying to be "salty" lol but, would like to better understand this for my own knowledge!
I'm really getting nervous about even posting on this subject any more. I'm sure it sounds like I'm promoting these reels and believe me, that's the last thing I want to do. Heck, I hope no one ever buys one.. That gives me an advantage. :D I'm just stating the experience I've had with this thing so far. I may have gotten the only good one and the rest may be junk, I don't know. All I know at this point is this one performs better than my high dollar reels rigged similarly so that alone justifies giving it a try. I've ordered another one and a bait caster.. hopefully, they'll work as well as this one, if not, I didn't waste the money I would have wasted trying one that cost 5 times as much.
Line does spool off of different spinners differently. It depends on the manufacturer, the size of the spool and the bevel and taper of the spool. The line spools off of this one much smoother than my others which is probably the only reason it casts further.
2Salty

Post by 2Salty »

There's this old saying:

"The quality of the merchandise is remembered long after its' price is forgotten."

Regarding Kastking: from personal experience, so far so good (bearing in mind that, compared to many other reel brands, Kastking is relatively new).

Kastking has many positive reviews. I'm still looking for a negative Kastking review.

Until Kastking fails me I'll buy and fish Kastking before I shell out $100+ for another "name-brand" reel.

When we're sitting around the table enjoying the taste of the "catch of the day" no one seems to care if the table fare was caught on a $50 or $250 fishing reel.
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

just received my replacement stealth Kast king reel today from amazon, still think something fishy about the first reel and the post lady. let every body know how it goes
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

2Salty wrote:Kastking has many positive reviews. I'm still looking for a negative Kastking review.
Dang, I really wanted to get away from this thread... but 2Salty since your hunt has proven so difficult to find negative reviews, let me do the kindly thing and help... all you have to do is go to Amazon for about a minute or two. If reviews are difficult to read on the attachment, just click them to open them.

Excuses, debate, and / or misdirecting change of topic direction in 3, 2, 1...
Bad Review 1.jpg
Bad Review 2.jpg
Bad Review 3.jpg
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
big bend gyrene

And honestly could have shared MANY more 1 star reviews labeling them as "terrible", "junk", "waste of money", "get what you pay for", "brake doesn't work", "blew up in my hands" but needing to work this morning. salute1
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
big bend gyrene

And if it's all about the thrill of catching trophy fish on the most reasonably priced equipment 2Salty, think you're completely overpaying for the KastKing line as well.

Pretty sure you can pick up one of these combos for the sweet price of between $10 to $15 from WalMart. Look forward to seeing some trophy catches made with it! :thumbup: :D :beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wjXN8N3Lg4[/video]
Last edited by big bend gyrene on January 19th, 2017, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
big bend gyrene

Heck while we're talking catching trophy fish on the lowest priced gear may as well watch Jessica catch a bull red... even easier on the eyes than the video above. :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3igichB4rPE[/video]
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

I'm not taking sides, but that doesn't seem fair unless you mention that only 6% are 1 star reviews as compared to 88% being 4 and 5 star reviews out of 287. ;-)

Ordered one of their Speed Demon reels last night. (all 5 star reviews but only 18) The world's fastest retrieve! 9.3 to 1 ( or so they claim). We shall see.
big bend gyrene

Juan wrote:I'm not taking sides, but that doesn't seem fair unless you mention that only 6% are 1 star reviews as compared to 88% being 4 and 5 star reviews out of 287. ;-)
Completely fair in light of 2Salty saying he was "still looking for a negative Kastking review (singluar)"... well, I had no problem at all finding some (plural). :lol: