NFGFC February Redfish Tournament POSTPONED TO 2/13/10

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

reelcatch

Re: NFGFC February Redfish Tournament Roll Call - 2/6/10

Post by reelcatch »

Chalk I guess I owe you an apology. The fish was not 9.1 as I first thought. He was 8.6. Need a better scale.
Excited to get this going cold or not!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

MPA you cross over the Newport bridge on the St. Marks river and go about 1 and 1/2 miles on 98. Turn left at the Chevron Station. You will be headed to St. Marks. Turn right at the Shell Island rd(Shell Island Fish Camp sign). Turn left on Fire Escape rd. Dead end at the Fort Ramp.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
caseycook

Post by caseycook »

Just a reminder to everyone to please check their membership status. You can renew your membership online or at tonight's meeting. Additionally, I'll be bringing entry forms to the meeting so that you can fill them out before you get to the ramp on Saturday morning. In an effort to become more efficient at the sign-in table, we ask that everyone bring their entry forms filled out and PAY USING EXACT CHANGE.

Entry forms can be found here: http://www.nfgfc.org/docs/entryform.pdf

You can join / renew your membership here: http://www.nfgfc.org/docs/join.php
Boom goes the dynamite.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Mag Boys are out. Boat issues, I'm too beat up after a trip 113 miles offshore and Chuck is getting a magazine ready to ship.

Good luck to all and be careful out there. Forecast doesn't look too cooperative.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Small Craft Advisory in effect thru Saturday evening - I have fished in worse and plan on fishing either way - but it would be nice to know or not before making a two hour trek from Panama City in the morning, if your gonna call it or not. In the past we have canceled with Small Craft advisories in effect. I need my beauty sleep :-D

What say you TD?
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

I say we fish it! We can always fish the river if it is too bad outside. The anticipation has been too great to stop now. Just my thoughts. :-D salute1
caseycook

Post by caseycook »

Chalk wrote:Small Craft Advisory in effect thru Saturday evening - I have fished in worse and plan on fishing either way - but it would be nice to know or not before making a two hour trek from Panama City in the morning, if your gonna call it or not. In the past we have canceled with Small Craft advisories in effect. I need my beauty sleep :-D

What say you TD?
I'm in the process of calling the members of the tournament committee. Will let everyone know as soon as the committee reaches a decision.
Boom goes the dynamite.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

captkeyser wrote:I say we fish it! We can always fish the river if it is too bad outside. The anticipation has been too great to stop now. Just my thoughts. :-D salute1
You stay in the river - okay :smt005
caseycook

Post by caseycook »

After talking with the tournament committee, we decided that the best thing to do was postpone the tournament until next Saturday, February 13. There is a small craft advisory in effect and the tournament committee decided that we didn't want to send people out to fish in what could be dicey conditions. We've got members coming to fish this tournament from all over south Georgia and the panhandle of Florida, so we felt the best thing to do for all parties was to cancel / postpone this thing today so they wouldn't have to waste their gas money driving to the St. Marks Fort tomorrow morning for a cancelled tournament.

The club will be sending an email out to all members notifying them of the postponement of the February tournament. If you know of anyone planning to fish the tournament who might not have access to the internet in the next 12 hours, please do me a favor and call them to let them know about the postponement. If you have any other questions, feel free to give me a call at (850) 228.8559.

See y'all next weekend.
Boom goes the dynamite.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Re: NFGFC February Redfish Tournament POSTPONED TO 2/13/10

Post by captkeyser »

Saftey first......... I guess. :smt010
kneeknocker

Post by kneeknocker »

I guess. i will not be able to fish next weekend. Oh well
TEAM NO FLUKE!!!
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Real low tide first thing in the morning next Saturday. Just not sure if I will be in town to fish it as of now. Fingers crossed.
reelcatch

Post by reelcatch »

Bummer!!! I may be out of town as well. :smt011
kneeknocker

Post by kneeknocker »

Okay, No fluke is in for this weekend changed a few things around and we are ready to fish. Come on weather!!!
TEAM NO FLUKE!!!
reelcatch

Post by reelcatch »

It looks as though I will be able to make it as well. Sunday will be a long day but hey fishing on Saturday!!!!