Carolina Skiff RG 1800

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ken K
Site Sponsor

Carolina Skiff RG 1800

Post by Ken K »

Ya'll got any opinions about this boat? It's the v-bottom seachaser model, not the flat bottom skiff. I've seen them advertised from 13 to 14k, with a Yamaha 90. What could you get better for that price?
Ken
Nathan
Site Sponsor

Post by Nathan »

You could probably get a Cape Horn 17 for around that price.

Nathan
Ken K
Site Sponsor

Post by Ken K »

Nathan, a new Cape Horn 17 is more like 19-20 thousand ( I think). BTW, my wifes family is from around your way, Pace and Baker, the Sowels and Sanfords.
Ken
chugbug

Post by chugbug »

Have you looked at the Cape Craft? They are a decent boat. They are fairly priced as well.
Blue Dolphin
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue Dolphin »

sea pro makes a nice boat too may want to check them out as well..... :D
Tight Lines @ Screaming Reels
jmay
Site Sponsor

Post by jmay »

I've got a 1800 rg.... bought it this year in april... been in the apalachee bay 9 fishing days and out of St. Andrews Bay 7 days. It has a Honda 90 4 stroke. I am very happy with it. It is very dry even in seas.... but in seas over 2 feet you have to go fairly slow because the hull is so light. We have teens and we use it in fresh water fishing and pulling kids on a BIG tube... it is perfect for that. The hull is very sturdy around the oyster bars (with care) and I think it is a great boat in the flats and the bay. A magazine article described it as a boat that is simple and virtually bullet proof. I agree
Ken K
Site Sponsor

Post by Ken K »

jmay, did you that buy that boat from the Carolina Skiff dealer in Carrollton? If so would you recommend them?

Two of the best years of my life were my freshman year at West Georgia College. :oops: They asked me not to come back after that. :lol:
Ken
dstockwell

Post by dstockwell »

Hey Ken K

have you looked at the Triumph boats. They can take alot of abuse.
http://www.triumphboats.com