Diving Saturday ?

Use this area to post diving and spearfishing fishing reports from the area Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, bottom temp, visibility, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Diving Saturday ?

Post by Frank Bradfield »

Anyone considering going ?
RC
Site Sponsor

Post by RC »

My brother-in-law, nephew and myself are planning to go this coming weekend.

We will be diving out of St. Marks. Plan to make some shallow dives first as its been a while. First time diving this area. Have a lot of bottom fishing spots we want to check out.

We have been wondering what those 35' spots out near buoy 24 we have been catching grouper off of really look like.

A lot of the spots don't really have a lot of relief on the bottom machine. What is really down there?
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Went last weekend, vis sucked...I think it was a lot of water movement , I only found 1 spot with shootable vis and it was in 40ft. Even went to the Buckeye in 50ft and vis was 5 ft. Bottom's differ, but could be anything from sea fans to ledges, or swiss cheese holes. A small relief dosen't mean much, there are a lot of 2 ft high ledges which hold grouper. Remember to take you a marker bouy to use to sure up your spot. I'd say diving around 1 30 this weekend at high tide should be the best shot at shootable vis or maybe it will just be better anyway. frank
DWilliams

Post by DWilliams »

Boat's in the shop. Needs another foot housing. Vis ought to be good if the forecast holds for this week. We tried to dive in 25' out of the ecofina and found about 4' vis two sats ago.
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Sounds about the same luck I had. My boats good to go if i can find some takers, maybe go out of Panacea...
Tom Keels
Site Admin

Post by Tom Keels »

I could be talked into it. I know where the AJ's and snapper are.
Tom Keels
Site Founder

Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Sounds like a plan developing ! I think i know where u are refering...
DWilliams

Post by DWilliams »

I would be a taker, but a buddy is getting into town Friday. Good luck to ya'll.
salty_dog
Site Sponsor

Post by salty_dog »

Is it too late for one more person?