St. Marks 11/19...

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

St. Marks 11/19...

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

Arrived at 1pm. Water was crystal clear, and the tide seemed to be staying pretty low, judging by the exposed bars at near high tide.

Took about 30 minutes to catch a 22" red, using shrimp on an equalizer, giving it a pop or two every few minutes. Then I moved east on the flats. Fished 3.5-4.5 ft of water. I caught about 10 or so trout in the next couple hours using shrimp, and elec. chickens. The biggest was about 11"' :o

Caught a couple rock bass in 9.5ft of water. Judging by how long the shrimp survived on equalizers on the flats, the pinfish are moving on. There were some, but not like last week. Seas were looking very flat so I ran out to see how far it is to the referenced 18' or so of water. I went forever, and never got deeper than 14ft or so out of the channel. I also figured out that the problem with small boats offshore is not the power, but the fact that my boat is shorter than the gap between waves...

Lots of boats stacked up in the bars out from the lighthouse, maybe that's where the trout were?

Good luck.
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

I think you noticed something most people don't about smaller offshore boats, I did a lot of research before settleing on my 22 footer, its really hard to get a boat to do both ( inshore and offshore ) but mine is ok, can't race in 4 and 5 ft seas but can move along depending on wind direction and the boat is long enough to make it from wave to wave. FB
Will_Fish_4_Food
Site Sponsor

Post by Will_Fish_4_Food »

Went back 11/21...

7 keeper trout, 0 reds. Biggest trout was 22". All caught on shrimp and equalizers fishing the bars. Fished from 1:30 - 5:30, the water could not have been any more clear.